forgive me asn for i have sinned! :( on a serious note rods and injecters

Audi S3 freak

Reaction score
its been a long time since my last confession (post) I went to the dark side but I have seen the errors off my ways (Porsche) I am back to repent! haha right basically I got ****** off with my little s3 after my turbo passed away and my hybrid wouldn't pull boost (something to do with the tolerance's being wrong causing something to go tits up). I sent the turbo back and they sent me another hybrid that pulled boost! (wait for it as the happy ending is still not in sight) didn't use the car for a while as I went on holiday, came back to find there was another boost issue. I got my pal and my brother to do some logs on the car so off they went to try and solve the issue. a few hours latter the car started to rattle. just my ****** luck!!! fed up with the car I left it to rot and went and got a new toy to be a massive **** in....yep its a boxster!! hahaha right just to make it clear it was not a mid life crisis as im 27 and no im not a gay or a hair dresser!!!! I looked at m3's, 350z's etc and didn't want to look like a chav so went down the gay route!! :( as awesome as this car is its just too fecking slow!!! so after 5 months of the Porsche I am truly drained!! its just too slow!! I since started to look at buying a Carrera. problem is.......im going to get bored just as quick in a Carrera as I did in the boxster. sat down and had a chat with my brother about it and we decided I need my s3 back!! hence this post. right im after some rods so wanted to know what you guys are running and prices really. also does bill still sell the 550 injectors with harnesses? any idea on price? I did buy a few cool bits for the s3 while I was having issues with the 1st hybrid so now I think its time they left their boxes/ bubble wrap and met the s3!! :) I promise not to stray away again......UNLESS I can fund a 911 turbo :) im sure u will understand then ;)

If it wasn't a Boxster S then I haven't got a fecking clue what you was thinking dude! lol

Totally agree with a 996 911 turbo though....that or an Evo MR FQ next for me :)

Anyway- in terms of rods and makes....there has been a few recent discussions about prices of the rods and makes inc fitting on here

I'll start you of with a point in the right direction-

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-forum-8l-chassis/187089-dm-forged-rods.html

Last edited:
TBF a Carrera 2 would be loads better/faster/less gay than a Boxster and they are around £12-14k at the moment for a 996.

its been a long time since my last confession (post) I went to the dark side but I have seen the errors off my ways (Porsche) I am back to repent! haha right basically I got ****** off with my little s3 after my turbo passed away and my hybrid wouldn't pull boost (something to do with the tolerance's being wrong causing something to go tits up). I sent the turbo back and they sent me another hybrid that pulled boost! (wait for it as the happy ending is still not in sight) didn't use the car for a while as I went on holiday, came back to find there was another boost issue. I got my pal and my brother to do some logs on the car so off they went to try and solve the issue. a few hours latter the car started to rattle. just my ****** luck!!! fed up with the car I left it to rot and went and got a new toy to be a massive **** in....yep its a boxster!! hahaha right just to make it clear it was not a mid life crisis as im 27 and no im not a gay or a hair dresser!!!! I looked at m3's, 350z's etc and didn't want to look like a chav so went down the gay route!! :( as awesome as this car is its just too fecking slow!!! so after 5 months of the Porsche I am truly drained!! its just too slow!! I since started to look at buying a Carrera. problem is.......im going to get bored just as quick in a Carrera as I did in the boxster. sat down and had a chat with my brother about it and we decided I need my s3 back!! hence this post. right im after some rods so wanted to know what you guys are running and prices really. also does bill still sell the 550 injectors with harnesses? any idea on price? I did buy a few cool bits for the s3 while I was having issues with the 1st hybrid so now I think its time they left their boxes/ bubble wrap and met the s3!! :) I promise not to stray away again......UNLESS I can fund a 911 turbo :) im sure u will understand then ;)

Which hybrid did you go for? How badly out of tolerance must it have been not to boost ?!

Must have been a 2.5 Boxster, if you're saying its slow. Surely the handling and drive of it makes up for the lack of performance? I'd like a Porsche as my next motor.

haha not as much hate as I was expecting! ;) right I will explain my choice now just so u lot know why not a boxster s or Carrera etc. im 27 and only passed my test last year! 2k to insure the s3 with a 3k excess.......yes I no its a **** take but oh well it was the best I could find. have had my s3 for 5-6 years but never really used it as I have always had sports bikes, supermotos etc so I was too busy in a gimp suit doing stupid speeds on 1 wheel that my little s3 could only dream of doing! in fact the first 3 years I owned it my brother had the car (in that time I had 5 gsxr's and 2 supermotos so was always out being a tit on the bikes). I also have a bike insurance claim that affects my insurance which is never good. so with that in mind I don't think it was a bad choice. the boxster is a 2.7 on a y plate. has facelift lights all round,18 Carrera wheels etc so she is a pretty little car. the Carrera shares the same floor plan, interior and body up until the rear so there really aint that much that's different other than the rear end, engine and 2 rear seat! the boxster is my 2nd car! not too bad as my 1st is a facelift s3 and my 2nd car ever owned is a Porsche! its slow as im used to sports bikes that top out at 186mph and hit 0-60 in just over 3 seconds! my s3 was about 285hp and that's nothing compared to a bike! yes it handles really well and drives very nicely but its just lacking balls!!!chucked a KnN filter on it and the noise it makes is enough to make any man smile.....problem is the sound don't match what the speedo shows :( I have seen carreras sell for 8k so well worth a look if anyone is after a new toy but be warned there are some little toe rags out there in s3's that will make your Porsche look silly ;) as for anyone that considers a boxster to be gay I will gladly let them have a go in mine and I bet in 5 mins you will change ur mind....I done the same and my mates all took the **** but as soon as I took them out in it they changed their minds! call it gay if you like but how many of u can honestly say they have been out beating the **** out of a Porsche and getting it sideways (only spun it the 1 time so im not doing bad, on my 2nd set of rear tyres too haha). right now more to the point....the boxster is cool but too slow!!!!!!!!!!! hence me deciding to carry on with my s3! the turbo is a brand new cr stage 3 k04 (I did post up about it last year as I had no boost and the best everyone came up with was I plumbed it in wrong and had boost leaks! hard to plumb in wrong when at my brothers garage his old s3 was there along with a cupra and a mk1 20v t!!!) no idea what it was that was wrong but they did explain over the phone and said sorry more than enough times. I got the new hybrid 2 days after they had the old 1 sent back to them so they did pull their fingers out to get 1 back to me. bolted it up and it boosts fine I just encountered other problems hence me becoming a gay with a boxster. intermitting boost which has hopefully been traced back to the n75 loom and a engine rattle which sounds like little ends...time for rods hence me asking. cheers for all ur input I will have to look into this and maybe give bill a shout about them 550's and input on rods :)

I had a similar problem with the vanes sticking still trying to sort it out & it sure dose suck :(

I had a similar problem with the vanes sticking still trying to sort it out & it sure dose suck :(
its a pain in the **** when something don't work when it just should (in my case a brand new turbo!) so I know ur pain buddy! fingers crossed we both have some luck soon and get them sorted.

its a pain in the **** when something don't work when it just should (in my case a brand new turbo!) so I know ur pain buddy! fingers crossed we both have some luck soon and get them sorted.

you may want to try running some revive through it or possibly go through this guide
HTML:
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-sportback-8p-chassis/149599-guide-how-remove-turbo-clean-sticky-vane-causes-overboost.html
although it may not be relevant to you as yours is relatively new have you tried changing the boost pressure valve / regulator there are a few and they fail relatively easily

It's got to be the Boxster S.... Here's my shirt lifters S.....
7C9B7D57-6164-4CF2-9969-77B3406C83A5-5302-000002168F616E27.jpg