Forge Twintercooler

DeckedS3

Reaction score
Has anyone installed one of these on a facelift S3?
I have looked at the install guide on a pre facelift and there seems to be a bit of cutting involved. As the facelift has a slightly different design I want to make sure it’s not a big issue...
Does anyone have any install pics or what they needed to cut away?
Thanks

As far as I know the only changes between pre and facelift are just bumper cosmetics

As you prob know, JonnyC has the Twin so send him a pm on vagoc

As far as I know the only changes between pre and facelift are just bumper cosmetics

As you prob know, JonnyC has the Twin so send him a pm on vagoc

But the grills on the bumper are different, therefore the cutting will be different. Provided the cuts don't need to be extended over the grills i'm going to go ahead with it. I just want to make sure.....
Jonny's is a pre facelift, as with Big Andy.

As it happens, Forge have just got back to me (another member of the team). And they think that the pipe work on the late 2008 and 2009 cars will not fit as the engines are slightly different too, not just the shape of the bumper.
They said I could pop down with the car but Gloucester is a long way to get an IC measured up....
But they will be amending the website informing other potential buyers....

Just buy an S3 intercooler and fit that. No cutting involved, direct fit plus a hell of a lot cheaper as well.

Just buy an S3 intercooler and fit that. No cutting involved, direct fit plus a hell of a lot cheaper as well.

Devon, Decked already owns an S3 8P,facelift, lol.:whistle2:

Decked, I have the Twincooler installed on my 8P S3, june '08 BHZ motor.
The installation requires internal bumper trimming, behind (and right up to) the two front grill's mounting snap-on holes.

I know that the facelift cars have a different _Haldex diff in the back, but my guess is that the important hardware is all the same.

Mind you, if you are not planning for a larger turbo, or really pushing the original, you can really do without a larger or second intercooler, that absorbs part of the air charge, therefore slowing your acceleration and throttle response down.

Thanks for that AJames.
I know that Tobycruse went for a Pro Alloy intercooler and I've also contacted them.
They are going to send me the info through and I'll see what they can offer. I know his was fitted on a facelift, so we shall see.
The info they gave me over the phone did sound impressive....
Stock Intercooler: Ambient temp of 20 degrees C Inlet temp of 36 degrees C
Pro Alloy fitted: Ambient temp 22 degrees C Inlet temp of 26 degrees C
Hummm, I need to get hold of Toby!:search: