Forge Twintercooler on S3

great information and apologies for any problems in this not fitting straight onto your car , we were lead to believe by ETKA that this would fit .
Now if there are any UK guys with a facelift S3 2009 we would be happy to see you at Forge to look at the changes we need to make to a nice simple install , the happy helper would leave with the Forge twintercooler on his car at an unbeleivable price , we would need the car for 1 week
please let me know if you are interested

PM sent!

youre too far for my s that is being facelifted, however if you require some info on the changes drop me a pm as im going through the facelift atm

the last one, or do you mean without foglight mesh?

Like everything fitted. Just like you would drive everyday on the streets. I wanna see how stealthy/flashy with the FMIC fitted on these Facelift A3's. ;) If that's not too much to ask. Thanks in advance.

hm...the last pic is with mounted intercooler. it's stealthy enought!

Many thanks for the write up S.

It is at the the top where I would have expected you to make most gains as this is when the air starts heating up with the OEM intercooler so what you write makes good sense.

If you could sort the last picture out that would be great so we can see what it looks like as a finished product.

Could take some logs of block 004 with VCDS from 2000rpm to the redline in for example 3rd gear that would be great. This will show intake air temperatures. Make a note of the ambient temp and then we will get an idea of how efficient the Forge cooler is as we will see how much above ambient it is at the redline.

will do it mate as soon as i find someone with vcds. i think it's even better to do it in 4th gear as there is in my opinion biggest gain.
anyways... today i'm getting denso ik24's.
hope those pics will work:

Last edited:
Just had mine fitted as well. Not done many miles but there is a difference. Feels keener.

niceley done dc wondered when youd eventually get it done, did you take it to star in the end?

Yes l did Phil. looking forward to giving it some beans. l expect the characteristics will change when it gets colder again. But l can say it deffo feels better. Twintake next trip, as l was going to do anyways but l was told that the filter is looking a bit rusty. Seems there is different types of filter that has been supplied with these. Some have alloy mine doesnt. So with where it is then its a matter of time. After that l trip on the RR to see if lm going to change maps.

very nice mate are forge gonna be realeasing the kit for the facelift too?

Yes they are, Forge are gonna be using my 2012 S3 as the guinea pig soon, which I'm very pleased about..... :)

Yes they are, Forge are gonna be using my 2012 S3 as the guinea pig soon, which I'm very pleased about..... :)
I thought they allready made facelift one?
It's been more than two years since last post... :p

I thought they allready made facelift one?
It's been more than two years since last post... :p

Apparently not, They told me that they currently have the pre-facelift model in production, but not one ready to go on a facelift cars.

They did say, they're not sure there's a lot to change, but it does need adjusting for the later cars.

Either way, it'll be dyno'd before and after. (at stage 2 shark). just so they can measure the improvements.

Can't believe!
I've had to do custom pipes trim crash bar etc (you can see the work involved on the pics on first page).
My tuner contacted forge and told them all about fitting issues on facelift. I thought they would solve that in short time, not after 2 and a half years...

Can't believe!
I've had to do custom pipes trim crash bar etc (you can see the work involved on the pics on first page).
My tuner contacted forge and told them all about fitting issues on facelift. I thought they would solve that in short time, not after 2 and a half years...

Very nice job you did too.

Im due more info on what's gonna be done soon, I'll update where possible.

Reactions: S.
Revival?

Someone said its best to just upgrade to have a single BETTER intercooler than to get the twin with stock. However
what if you get say the THS (i think) big cooler than the forge aswel. would it be still beneficial?

Revival?

Someone said its best to just upgrade to have a single BETTER intercooler than to get the twin with stock. However
what if you get say the THS (i think) big cooler than the forge aswel. would it be still beneficial?

Hey,
Forge do both the Race intercooler which is a upgrade from the oem one and we do the twintercooler.

We have seen great success running both of them together under back to back testing.

Please find the links below showing the products and dyno graph figures.

Forge Motorsport | Alloy Fabrication

i guess you could get pressure drop.

it was related to post #59 about running forge race ic and twintercooler together.
i don't know actually as i've done ic and the remap at the time. but a guy from here switched from twintercooler to single bigger wagner cooler and he says it makes a big difference...
i might also go for single ic...

I see. Thinking about adding twincooler to my stock S3 intercooler (metal end tanks). Not sure how that would affect pressure and flow. I'm guessing most of air would go through the twincooler as it'd be cooler but it is a lot smaller than stock, now would that be an efficient setup?

Single big intercooler here.

I bought a Proalloy a few yrs ago and with WMI it works very well in keeping intake temps down.

+ 1

My car was the test dummy for the facelift Forge S3 intercooler and Forge were A1.

I had 22bhp gain from the stock intercooler to Forges' single big Intercooler on the same dyno the very next day after fitment.

Can't argue with that. :)

I have no doubt a big single works very well but as I plan to add water spray to the front mount so the twincooler seems to be a good idea.

So can anyone confirm that the forge twincooler for facelift S3 8P3 is out?

Is it the same kit as for Golf R? Where's best place to make the purchase?

Hey,
Forge do both the Race intercooler which is a upgrade from the oem one and we do the twintercooler.

We have seen great success running both of them together under back to back testing.

Please find the links below showing the products and dyno graph figures.

I have no doubt a big single works very well but as I plan to add water spray to the front mount so the twincooler seems to be a good idea.

A far more effective method of reducing inlet temps is a single large effective intercooler and WMI.

Just an update to this thread. S. was kind enough to sell me his modified twincooler since they never made a proper version for the facelift S3 sportback. The cooler is on it's way to me now, once it's setup with a water spray system I'll report back whether it works well or not.

Reactions: S.
A far more effective method of reducing inlet temps is a single large effective intercooler and WMI.

For drag racing, I need the ability to keep the intercooler cool whilst idling/ waiting in queue, hence needing a water spray system with a proper FMIC that sits in front of the AC condenser. But there is no doubt that a single large cooler would work very well whilst the car is in motion.

For drag racing, I need the ability to keep the intercooler cool whilst idling/ waiting in queue, hence needing a water spray system with a proper FMIC that sits in front of the AC condenser. But there is no doubt that a single large cooler would work very well whilst the car is in motion.

Right...I see what you're getting at.....different horses for different courses.

In all honestly both the Forge single replacement or Twintercooler`s work well... We have fitted both here at LVSR HQ. Only other I would fit is the Eurojet item.

Just an update to this thread. S. was kind enough to sell me his modified twincooler since they never made a proper version for the facelift S3 sportback. The cooler is on it's way to me now, once it's setup with a water spray system I'll report back whether it works well or not.
You're welcome mate. Hope it will arrive soon.

i'm getting mine in 2-3 weeks. depends on shipping :jump:
i think it helps a lot. but will see when i get it.

Hi ! Wanted to revive this and ask how your twintercooler is working . I live in the Philippines and the hot climate is causing huge power issues as I am running stock IC . Was looking for an upgrade that won't restrict flow to the radiator as well as Aircon condenser unit up front . Reason being , standstill traffic in this country can last between 1 hour up to 3 with absolutely no air entering up front .

Hi mate,
I've sold twintercooler to a fellow member 114mph (you can see few posts above), with plans to get one bigger single cooler but never got it since. To be honest, apart from need for custom pipework on a facelift car can't fault it, it does what is supposed to do. But the car felt a bit lazy at slower speeds i.e. 1-2 gear, then once on the move it was sick (i.e. 3-4 gear and above) maybe it was the map but i'm pretty sure it was the dual setup. It's great build quality like all forge bits, but i was up for a change, and 114mph needed one for a reason.
Over here we get also very hot summers with temperatures over 30 even over 35°C and it did a great job like most of bigger than stock coolers.
I think on a standstill traffic nothing would help. Just make sure not to have aircon on the max on a standstill (this is not related to the ic).