Forge Twin Intake Help!

Cambaines

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has fitted a golf mk5 forge twin intake to there 8P? both 2.0 tfsi 2006 ko3 i cant see there being much difference but i don't want to cough out money for something that wont fit! if anyone knows this will be a massive help!

Dsc02556

Cheers mate, I will have a go at adapting it if I get it!

Its the one that bolts on to the side by the front light. I drove without it for a while and then finally bought it fro forge. Its only cosmetic as we all know the second filter is there only for looks :).

View attachment 69302

Its the one that bolts on to the side by the front light. I drove without it for a while and then finally bought it fro forge. Its only cosmetic as we all know the second filter is there only for looks :).

Cheers mate I couldn't see it making that much difference without an actual cold air feed! Unfortunately I lost the eBay auction anyway think I will be buying a brand spanker neu speed on Thursday

get something proven Forge twintake is pants. Harsh noise like if something where grinding against the arch haha.

I actually haven't heard much of a bad review about the forge to be honest, I've been looking for a while now and I'm refusing to spend over £200 for an induction, there's a like new forge twin take for £200 available and then there's the neuspeed from awesome gti that I may go for which is also £200? Any view on this mate?

The current best is the Revo intake.

The Forge is OK,but one has to ask why it needs two filters,where every other including the Revo and ITG(which by the way is good for over 600bhp) can manage with just the one.

The current best is the Revo intake.

The Forge is OK,but one has to ask why it needs two filters,where every other including the Revo and ITG(which by the way is good for over 600bhp) can manage with just the one.

I shall keep my eyes open for a well kept used one that comes along I think, I have a service kit at home for before fitting, I does make you wonder why they need 2, i think they have done it plain and simply because they can and let's not joke around it looks mental under the bonnet with one fitted!

Its down to fuel trims where with twintake go quite high sometimes causing the engine to limit the power.

This is disappointing! I thought that forge would have had the trims balanced white nicely throughout! I think I'm going to have to get a neuspeed, I haven't heard a bad thing about it apart from some people saying it's too loud? My other option was the foam ramair priced at £155 new it swung me over a little bit the lack of reviews and use makes me wary about getting MAF errors with its 90mm piping

I shall keep my eyes open for a well kept used one that comes along I think, I have a service kit at home for before fitting, I does make you wonder why they need 2, i think they have done it plain and simply because they can and let's not joke around it looks mental under the bonnet with one fitted!

Well.....the point is that the narrowest area of the entire system is still at the level of the MAF.

Having two filters cannot alter that,and the fact that the flow through their system went up as the result of adding a second filter indicated that the filter was also a point of flow limitation.
The ITG for instance never had that problem,and as I said,flows enough air for over 600bhp.

It's kind of analogous to the Twintercooler.....that performs no better than a single large intercooler.

Old picture,but it is fair to say that the ITG is not the best looking,although it is very effective.

Reactions: RedDejavu
I think all in all forge wanted to go for something different, like they did with the twin intercooler as you mentioned, the capabilities of the air filters are impressive, for what i need there all suffice, my cars never going to reach over 270bhp, the iTG looks the nuts under the bonnet, just hard to bring myself to spend £360 on one new! And it's not often you see them popping up for sale! Surprisingly enough I have seen quite few twin takes come up, says it for itself doesn't it I guess

Reactions: S3Alex
But at the end of the day you get what you pay for, and it's worth the extra bit of cash for your pride and joy!

But at the end of the day you get what you pay for, and it's worth the extra bit of cash for your pride and joy!

This is true....but I did want that bit more!

Reactions: Cambaines
Forge works well on 2.0TFSI but S3/Golf R remember.

The following intakes have been observed to cause "lean" conditions with the Golf RMAF and have produced fuel trim values exceeding what is generally considered a "safe" value:

Stock Intake: Fuel Trims from +0 to +5% - Safe
APR Carbonio: +0 to +8% - Safe
Forge WINtake: +10 to +25% - CEL Possible
Forge TWINtake: +5 to +15% - CEL Unlikely
EVOMs Intake: +0 to +~5% - Safe
CTS Turbo Intake: +0 to +~5% - Safe
Neuspeed P-Flo Intake: +0 to +~8% - Safe
VWR Intake: +5 to +20% - CEL Possible
VWR Intake (Post-Warranty Modification): +0 to ~8% - CEL Unlikely
Volant Intake: +0 to +~5% - Safe
Injen Intake: +5 to +20% - CEL Possible
BSH Intake: +0 to ~10% - CEL Unlikely

Last edited:
Cheers for the information mate! Seems like forge throws it out quite a bit :/ evoms is a great all rounder by the looks of it! But for the cheaper option the neuspeed is shining again, I've heard it lets of a great note, decent power gains with a map and it looks the part, also the neuspeed has the 70mm piping, I'm guessing this will help MAF issues

ram air and mtc are similar to itg and they are much cheaper. search the forums.
i think a member here (Tim) had ramair fitted few weeks ago and he did a review and video.

ram air and mtc are similar to itg and they are much cheaper. search the forums.
i think a member here (Tim) had ramair fitted few weeks ago and he did a review and video.

I looked at ramair, it's only £155 for there filter, looks great! The only thing that put me off was the lack of reviews, and I was scared of getting any MAF issues, I will have a look on the forum for it because I liked it for it being a foam filter!

It looks great, the heat shielding looks good quality too, do you rate it? Also watched your video the other day, very helpful

Yes regret not fitting the heat shielding... Will prob get r tech once I'm remapped. I rate love the whoosh noise and grunt! Thanks !

Easy when you know I guess! Mine will be arriving Monday so I hope I'm done before sundown! So you remove a shield to put the new one on? Or is this an addition to the other?

Good lad cheers mate, I'm sure it will all make sense when I get the engine cover and original pipes off, thanks again man

Reactions: TimWills28