Forge TIP fitted. WOW

paultownsend

Reaction score
Standard AGU bar a remap and pipercross panel filter. Nice healthy well serviced car.

I fitted a s2k filter last month. Far too noisy and felt like it lost drivability at the bottom end. So reverted back to the opened up airbox and panel filter.

I picked up a new forge TIP for peanuts, and fitted it today. Quite simple job, the main body fits perfectly between the turbo and airbox, but the DV needs a little work to fit nicely. Tided up the catch can and renewed all vacume hoses to n75, DV, FPR and wastgate while I was there.

Went for a drive and in amazed. It has lost a little poke down below, but the way it pulls between 4-6k is night and day to before. And the noise it makes is addictive.

Up the top end before was a little limp after the initial boost was fed in. But now it just pulls and pulls.

Im seriously considering a 3"DP now, but really do t to loose any more low down grunt

i also have a AGU lump, TIP, open cone filter, 3"DP i didn't any power low down even before a remap

It's probably because its just the smoother airflow that's making it feel like it is. How did you find the 3" DP?
My current flexi appears very loose

its good seems to pick up quicker. easy to fit.

also pops and spits flames with a high flow backbox

Where did you pick up that Forge TIP for 'peanuts' might i ask?! And can anyone point me in the direction of a 'how to' for this job please?? :)

take MAF/filter off old TIP along with DV and N75. remove.

install new TIP, DV, N75, MAF/filter

job done, its really that easy mate.

Well, trying to get the TIP around the water pipe is a little tedious.
I would do it with a friend. One pushing from the top and one guiding from below.
Do it. I was always told it makes little difference on a st1 car. I was a little dubious at first, until I took the original off. It's tiny at the bend on to the turbo.

Hiya guys,
cheers for the bits of feedback :) SO i got one of those factory seconds TIPs too, absolutely nothing i can see wrong with it either so a steal at £75!
Its an AGU TIP but my engine is AUM, however, i've read around that its no problem to fit it, despite DV and N75 being swapped position, so should be ok. The only remaining questions i have are about the other two connections to the TIP - on the stock one there is a smaller connection right up close to where it connects to the MAF and also another small connection on the back, about between the DV and N75 - just wondering if you could advise what these bits are and if the positioning of them really matters as the outlets on the Forge TIP are slightly differently located... I've got pictures but need to figure out how to load them first (if required)... Looking forward to hearing back :)
Lastly, what are the kind of clips i should get for the smaller connections? I've got plenty of jubilee clips lying around that i can use for the larger ones - MAF, Turbo end, DV, N75 - just the smaller ones in question that im wondering about... Thanks guys.

Any thoughts guys?? ^^^ all good for jubilee clips now... just wondering if anyone has any wisdom as far as relocating the connection in question above to the smaller inlet near the turbo end of the AGU TIP? If not, i'll look into further detail about the bypasses that can be done to get rid of that input?

Any thoughts guys?? ^^^ all good for jubilee clips now... just wondering if anyone has any wisdom as far as relocating the connection in question above to the smaller inlet near the turbo end of the AGU TIP? If not, i'll look into further detail about the bypasses that can be done to get rid of that input?

Have you ordered it yet?
if not get it bought. You'll soon figure it out with a little man bodging :)