Forge intercooler

Had my intercooler fitted yesterday. To anyone on here that has had a remap and not uprated their intercooler I would definitely recommend it. There is so much more throttle response and power. All I can say is wow.

Had my intercooler fitted yesterday. There is so much more throttle response and power.

I was wondering about this, sounds like there is a lot of heat soak that occurs with the original intercooler?

Reactions: Ian Whiffen
I was wondering about this, sounds like there is a lot of heat soak that occurs with the original intercooler?
Yeah the stock intercooler is tiny. The Forge one is twice as high plus it's stepped so it's twice as deep too. Forge say, that on a remapped S1, they have bought the temperature down from 80 degrees to 50 degrees and I can believe that. It feels like my car has had another remap lol

Reactions: AGee and ChrisG.
Any problems fitting it? Is there any cutting needed to get it behind the standard bumper?

You can see the difference in size. What were Audi thinking?
20160526 174447
20160519 082828
20160519 082849

Reactions: Scottien, AGee and ChrisG.
Any problems fitting it? Is there any cutting needed to get it behind the standard bumper?
No its a straight swap. I think there is a bit of plastic on the inside near the radiator that needs trimming but apart from that it's just the amount of stuff that needs removing. See Forge's website as they have a pdf that shows you how to fit it.

Reactions: S1Pete and ChrisG.
Yeah the stock intercooler is tiny. The Forge one is twice as high plus it's stepped so it's twice as deep too. Forge say, that on a remapped S1, they have bought the temperature down from 80 degrees to 50 degrees and I can believe that. It feels like my car has had another remap lol

Cheers Ian, this gives me a great excuse for a stage 2 remap!

Looks good Ian, clutch and downpipe first before intercooler for me, my clutch has been ordered just waiting for it to be delivered, then booking it in for downpipe in about 2-3 weeks. Daniel is measuring up for a bigger intercooler than the Forge one but I think I will just stick with Forge as it seems to be more than sufficient.

Reactions: DTYME83, Ian Whiffen and S1Pete
Looks good Ian, clutch and downpipe first before intercooler for me, my clutch has been ordered just waiting for it to be delivered, then booking it in for downpipe in about 2-3 weeks. Daniel is measuring up for a bigger intercooler than the Forge one but I think I will just stick with Forge as it seems to be more than sufficient.
Yeah I saw him in Beckenham last week and he was telling me about that. I will wait for my clutch to give up then see what ABT offer under warranty lol

Reactions: DTYME83
Airtec looks and reads ok,
price seems fair too,
Thoughts?
Yeah Matt on the forum had the Airtec one, his was the development car. Haven't seen him on here to see how it's going. Must be ok but just seemed suspiciously cheap.

Reactions: S1Pete
Yeah Matt on the forum had the Airtec one, his was the development car. Haven't seen him on here to see how it's going. Must be ok but just sseen him on here to see how it's going. Must be ok but just seemed suspiciously cheap.
Mmm!?
Wagner release theirs soon at a price!
So running 270 with OEM clutch no issues,
at the moment, but with an Intercooler
would that take me into the red zone!?
P's Ciao from Sorrento, by the pool with a
Peroni! other Italian Beers are available!

Mmm!?
Wagner release theirs soon at a price!
So running 270 with OEM clutch no issues,
at the moment, but with an Intercooler
would that take me into the red zone!?
P's Ciao from Sorrento, by the pool with a
Peroni! other Italian Beers are available!
La vita è Bella. Lol. Yeah was holding out for Wagner but got this Forge one cheap. I think the clutch may be my concern now as it's a lot more free revving than before. I might be up to about 320/330 bhp now

I'm currently have an Airtec. The products is good guys! Go get it!

BTW My S1 is on Revo Stage 2 and clutch is fine for now! 334hp/510Nm

I'm currently have an Airtec. The products is good guys! Go get it!

BTW My S1 is on Revo Stage 2 and clutch is fine for now! 334hp/510Nm

Good to know, I'm strongly considering Revo also.

Installation wise was the Airtec plug and play, was there any cutting required etc?

ET is 36 for the 17's( just looked it up)
Sorry,not over tech' on this subject, could you guide?
Thanks for the thread pointer.
A little late, but for future reference, my standard S1 17" wheels are Ronal 3348 8X0601025BR E-7,5Jx17H2 ET34

Currently in Italy so have ordered and been sent to Hotel! Good Price considering some UK charges.
Grazi, Pete.

Yup, really good price! Just reach out the guy via FB. He works as "make to order" so you'll need probably a week.

Yup, really good price! Just reach out the guy via FB. He works as "make to order" so you'll need probably a week.
Just had word back that I will get these on Tuesday/Wednesday this week
to the Hotel! Same fit as Golf GTI Mk 7.

Looking to lower my S1 if anyone knows of someone selling a set or any good websites to find them for the best price could you let me know please