Forge DV

Murley

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have recently bought a 54 plate 2.0TQ and it's my first turbo'd car which I'm a little worried about the turbo (even though there is nothing wrong). So I've tried to do a little research on what the turbo is like etc. and I believe it is a K03 turbo in stead of the S3 K04? Also people have said (also companies) that the K03 turbo is known for "muck" up due to the fact it has OEM DV? Is this true? I've been looking for a uprated/stronger one and of course I went straight to Forge as they are a well known company. Anyone tell me which Forge DV would fit my turbo. I have come across Forge Motorsport | Alloy Fabrication but is this the correct one? I am also looking to get the car remapped at the end of the month as well which my guess is this would help out as well.

Cheers.

Best thing is to contact Forge direct and they will give you the part number.

Their valves are well made,reliable and much more robust than the OEM versions.

Hey guys,

I have recently bought a 54 plate 2.0TQ and it's my first turbo'd car which I'm a little worried about the turbo (even though there is nothing wrong). So I've tried to do a little research on what the turbo is like etc. and I believe it is a K03 turbo in stead of the S3 K04? Also people have said (also companies) that the K03 turbo is known for "muck" up due to the fact it has OEM DV? Is this true? I've been looking for a uprated/stronger one and of course I went straight to Forge as they are a well known company. Anyone tell me which Forge DV would fit my turbo. I have come across Forge Motorsport | Alloy Fabrication but is this the correct one? I am also looking to get the car remapped at the end of the month as well which my guess is this would help out as well.

Cheers.

Don't bother with the expense of a Forge DV, just upgrade yours to an Audi OEM Rev D valve. They are about £50 and are reliable. Mine is mapped and have had no trouble. The earlier Rev C which is probably what your car has (as did mine) can fail and cause boost leaks. The Rev D sorted this by removing the rubber diaphragm and instead uses a piston system.

Do a search on Rev D on here, as it's been discussed to death in the past...

Save your money and buy the OEM uprated one. The Forge piston DV's need regular maintenance and if not done can also stick and cause problems.

Save your money and buy the OEM uprated one. The Forge piston DV's need regular maintenance and if not done can also stick and cause problems.

I must have been lucky with mine then....

Over 3yrs worth of use with no problems.

Thanks for the replies/info guys will look into the Rev D.