Forge Coolant Hose Kit Help Please

Billy9Cars

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Just a couple of questions if i may regarding the 13 piece Forge Motorsports Coolant Hose Kit. I was just wondering if this kit will fit a AMK engine as i have read somewhere that its specific for the BAM engine? I was under the impression that the engines were pretty much identical except the ECU etc so didn't think it would be a issue?

I guess if the some or all the hoses do not fit i can just sell them with no dramas. But if it does can someone point in the right direction for a fitting guide/instructions as for the life of me i cant find anything in regards to this. Any tips when fitting this kit or is it pretty straight forward? Do i need to drain any fluids ? Any hoses out of the kit that are not worth using?

Massive thanks in advance for any advice...

Billy9Cars

I would think it would fit, bam amk are identical more or less, it's very likely the coolant hoses are all configured the same, my s3 is an apy and it will be the same aswell.

As for fitting, suppose it's just a case of uncliping the existing hoses and awkwardly removing then refitting. I would be inclined to replace oem clips with good quality jubilee clips, easier clips to work with imo.

No doubt you'll need to unbolt, move other parts to one side to gain access.

Why are you changing them? Oem hoses are bullet proof in my experience.

First off thanks for the advice and reply mate. To be honest I bought the kit the other day as a bit of an impulse buy but i was always planning to replace the troublesome hoses with more durable silicone ones anyway. So i decided to start with the coolant ones and work my way other to the boost hoses etc as i am in the process of modifying my car so i will probably need them. Plus the new hoses will make the engine bay look more fresh and tidy.

If there is no fitting guide? then i guess i will just have to give it a go and see what happens. But i would like to know if i have to drain the whole coolant system before i start removing any hoses? As i do not want fluids flooding out every where lol... Thanks

Billy9Cars

First off thanks for the advice and reply mate. To be honest I bought the kit the other day as a bit of an impulse buy but i was always planning to replace the troublesome hoses with more durable silicone ones anyway. So i decided to start with the coolant ones and work my way other to the boost hoses etc as i am in the process of modifying my car so i will probably need them. Plus the new hoses will make the engine bay look more fresh and tidy.

If there is no fitting guide? then i guess i will just have to give it a go and see what happens. But i would like to know if i have to drain the whole coolant system before i start removing any hoses? As i do not want fluids flooding out every where lol... Thanks

Billy9Cars

Haha spillages will be the least of your worries, wait till you try remove a hose that has been clipped on for best part of 15 years! It's a bit of a pain, patience being the key, very easy to loose the head and unnecessarily break something,

you can drain the coolant via a valve you twist with your fingers on the lower passenger side of the radiator, access from underneath, although you can't drain it all with the thermostat closed which it will be if the engines cold

Good luck with it

My advice would be if you’re going to change the coolant hoses make sure you change all the hard plastic connectors at the same time. Once you start messing with them they will start failing, I found this out when I changed the temp sensor flange and the following day two hard plastic connectors split resulting in the car needing to be recovered.

Reactions: AGB-S3
Thanks for the replies guys your advice is much appreciated.... Ill give it ago and see how i get on.

I got this when I had my coolant hoses changed. The coolant hoses are the ones that have the dots in them.
20180123 103040

Perfect mate. I knew there would be something like this available so thanks for sharing it. It will be very useful.