Forge 007p fitted and what a difference :)

Keiran

Reaction score
Just fitted my 007p today and it's made such a difference. The old one must have been nackered after its 13 year life. Made the car feel like it had no turbo before. Highly recommend one of these to the new guys like me starting to mod especially if the original is still fitted and is old. Just waiting on my tip now and I'm nearly ready for a trip to R-tech :) happy chappy lol

What spring did you go for?

Green one for the time being until I get a map. Must be holding boost a lot better than the OEM one thow. Feels good lol

FYI mate, I've got a standard mapped S3 and i've got the yellow spring in mine, so it can handle it in standard tune... If you get it mapped with the green spring fitted still, it'll more than likely leak boost.. Stick te yellow one in and forget about it :)

Ben

Yer will get the yellow spring mate its not a massive hit to the bank balance. I'm just loving the sldifference the new fb has made. The old OEM one must have held no boost at all with the difference it's made :)

See I love reading threads like this!

Hearing how people get all excited over their car again after such a simple mod/change that makes the car feel 100x better all over again!

I seriously found the love again the other night for my a3 after being literally a couple of weeks away from swapping it for an mx5 (don't hate, just wanted to try the whole jap/RWD thing and learn how to drift etc etc)

Glad to hear you're enjoying it fella! I plan on taking a trip to R-Tech myself once i've got a few other bits sorted and fitted on the car! :)

Peace!

Ahaha cheers mate. It's great when the car runs well. Makes going out just for a drive to nowhere all the more better. In the same boat as you I think pal don't wanna go down to R-tech till I've got the supporting mods fitted.

Cheers for the posts,

Keiran

Tell me about it!

Mine's currently parked up on the gf's drive as it's weeing oil everywhere as the threads on the sump for the sump plug are shagged :(

I've been sat on the sofa next to the front door since 9:30 this morning waiting for my replacement sump to arrive and It doesn't look like it's going to be at this rate haha :(

Yeah, what sorta power and supporting mods are you looking into then fella?

I'm wanting to start by aiming for 250bhp and then eventually it'd be nice to break maybe the 275bhp mark!

Mine's currently 183bhp approx with a generic stage 1 motech =\ I've got a build thread somewhere from a while back, i'll dig it out if you want (although not the most interesting as for the past 12 months i've not been able to spend on it as i've had other commitments but now in a better position to finally start modding properly again ha!)

Few other supporting mods already on there, just a few more I need to look into such as fmic, decat/downpipe, different turbo etc and then a trip to the lads at R-tech

What bits you got on yours so far then? :)

I see mate, let's hope the sump arrives pretty soon then. Althow not the best of weather to be spannering is it lol.

Yer I think power wise mine is about the same. It's 180 standard with a few mods done to it. I've got a 2.5 inch turbo back decat exhaust, THS engine mounts, a Jetex cone filter with a heatshield I made and cold air feed from the bumper, an oil catch can and obviously the 007p. Same as you thow just waiting on other mods I want so I'm properly ready for the remap.

Waiting on a TIP then a FMIC and make sure the cars running well then should be ready for the trip to R-tech. Can't wait as People seem to be returning from there very happy :)

Sounds like a really solid base and decent few supporting mods so far there then really mate!

With regards to the THS engine mounts, have you got all THS mounts or just the dogbone?

What's it like with the mounts?

Yeah they definitely seem to be the place to visit! :)

Yer I've got both side mounts and dogbone aswell and there really good mate. My old OEM ones had cracked nearly in half and I could rock the engine back and forth with a little force. Changed them all and this was another great mod that made the car feel great lol. Take up of drive by the clutch and gear changes are so much smoother.

Yer I've got both side mounts and dogbone aswell and there really good mate. My old OEM ones had cracked nearly in half and I could rock the engine back and forth with a little force. Changed them all and this was another great mod that made the car feel great lol. Take up of drive by the clutch and gear changes are so much smoother.

Awesome! Sounds like another worthwhile mod for me to add to the list then!

I've currently just got the Powerflex red diesel dog bone mount to eradicate wheel hop, however I've always considered uprated side mounts as I can still feel the engine movement in the pedal when driving it hard now and again etc!

There's a set for sale at the moment over on E38... might just have to look into them haha! :p

Haha the list just never seems to end does it lol you save money and buy something and then start saving for the next mod lol

Sounds great bud! I got mine fitted with my B5 and it was bluddy brilliant!

Yer I can't wait to get a Tip fitted. Could you notice a massive difference with the tip Gops?