Forced in to Diesel exhaust gas EA189*23Q7

Ulphie

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm looking for some advice. My A4 is subject to -
A-Diesel exhaust gas EA189* 23Q7

I declined the update as I'd read about lots of problems surfacing following the software update.

Recently my DSG box faulted a couple of times so it was taken into the dealers to investigate. Basically it failed to select a gear and just revved. Had to be put in manual to find a gear.

They've had it over a week now and since then a different fault has come up with the start/stop system failing to restart the engine.

No fault codes have been generated and the log isn't even registering the start/stop event never mind any faults.

My dealers have reported to Audi who have come back saying I have to accept the EA189 software update - basically to remove the emissions cheating software. They are suggesting this might fix the problem.

I'm not convinced at all but feel I'm now being forced into accepting the update.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

They’re telling you porkies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup, I can see no connection between the faults and the update. Waiting on a call back from the service manager. Like me telling Apple there's a fault with my keyboard and them telling me to do an unrelated software update to see if that fixes it?!?!

Yup, I can see no connection between the faults and the update. Waiting on a call back from the service manager. Like me telling Apple there's a fault with my keyboard and them telling me to do an unrelated software update to see if that fixes it?!?!

Seeing as the car is with them still I wouldn’t be surprised if they update it without telling you and then tell you some BS story that they accidentally done it.

If they did update it they will not revert it back regardless if they made a mistake or not.

If it’s been done fear not as it can be reverted back just not through them.

Seeing as the car is with them still I wouldn’t be surprised if they update it without telling you and then tell you some BS story that they accidentally done it.

If they did update it they will not revert it back regardless if they made a mistake or not.

If it’s been done fear not as it can be reverted back just not through them.

They are now offering extended guarantee on things like the EGR following the update. Trying to tell me this is great for peace of mind. The very fact that they are offering it makes me think there are bound to be problems.

Reactions: Not happy with audi
They are now offering extended guarantee on things like the EGR following the update. Trying to tell me this is great for peace of mind. The very fact that they are offering it makes me think there are bound to be problems.

Are they offering DPF too?

My car went into limp mode on Saturday same On Sunday.
I called Audi care & they collected the car and dropped off a hire car..
Phone call yesterday to say EGR valve needs replacing and Audi are covering the cost. Still a concern to how long this new EGR valve will last.
Just to add. The Girl who dropped the hire car in said she has had a lot of broken Audi after fix EA189.
So any problems get your car in while it's covered.
2 yrs from software update is covered.

Regrets having stupid update.

Hello,

I'm looking for some advice. My A4 is subject to -
A-Diesel exhaust gas EA189* 23Q7

I declined the update as I'd read about lots of problems surfacing following the software update.

Recently my DSG box faulted a couple of times so it was taken into the dealers to investigate. Basically it failed to select a gear and just revved. Had to be put in manual to find a gear.

They've had it over a week now and since then a different fault has come up with the start/stop system failing to restart the engine.

No fault codes have been generated and the log isn't even registering the start/stop event never mind any faults.

My dealers have reported to Audi who have come back saying I have to accept the EA189 software update - basically to remove the emissions cheating software. They are suggesting this might fix the problem.

I'm not convinced at all but feel I'm now being forced into accepting the update.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
From personal experience I would be adamant that they not carry out the update. My A3 1.6 TDI has been in 5 times since and it's still not right, it over revs and uses more fuel than before. One of the return visits was to replace the EGR valve which they did at no charge and they seemed to think that I should be grateful for their generosity. Make of that what you will. I'm now in a situation that I have a car that I can't sell privately and Audi are adamant that it is performing "within their accepted parameters". Total tosh, I will not be buying any car from the group ever again.