For those considering a B5 RS4 Brake Upgrade...

stoakseya4

Reaction score
:hi:

Have had a couple of requests for pics of the front brakes I'm selling :)sign_plug: :whistle2:) so thought it might be useful for others who might be interested in this relatively cheap upgrade. :respekt:

They don't come up for sale that often secondhand. The discs cost £250 each new from Audi (although can be purchased cheaper via pjmspeedy), and are 360x32mm - measured as best I could today, and have not lost any width. The wheels have 10mm spacers on them. Calipers have a fair bit of pad left:

Here they are behind the OEM 18" wheels, so you can see the scale of them :
DSC_0546.jpg

Now with wheel off:
DSC_0545.jpg

DSC_0544.jpg

DSC_0543.jpg

DSC_0541.jpg

DSC_0540.jpg

DSC_0535.jpg

Apologies for all the pics. :photo:
They really do perform very well. Took the car out on track yesterday (Lydden Circuit) and they coped reasonably well, despite being bombarded by Golf's and Caterhams's (!) but by the end of the session were feeling a little jaded. Better/harder pads + braided lines + DOT 5.1 oil would sort that out though...

I'm having my new discs (thanks pjmspeedy :icon_thumright:) fitted next weekend, along with the new Porsche calipers, so these'll be available the week after. I can take them with me to ADI on 10th October, to save on postage costs if this helps. The discs and calipers will be quite heavy, so the postage costs will be quite high I'd imagine :lmfao:. I can arrange to meet you on either the S/RS Stand (where I'll be this year) or the A-S.Net stand.

PM me if interested.

:applaus:

Your new brakes are gong to look mean Stoaksey.
No doubt we'll see the pics. Just remember yeah, theres only room for one Pic whore on here....:weight_lift2:

Your new brakes are gong to look mean Stoaksey.
No doubt we'll see the pics. Just remember yeah, theres only room for one Pic whore on here....:weight_lift2:

I feel a bit of a cheat posting on the B6 site still ! But there's nothing going on in the RS4 bit, it's all rather lonely...:tumble:

Billy No Mates, will be my new Username...:blownose:

rs246 seems to be the home for rs4 activity and all s3 brigade hang out here watching us s4 owners trying to make baby rs4's

Yeah am on RS246 ans SRS alot, but use Stumpy67 as my username there... Would have been easier keeping the username the same to be honest, but hey ho...

SmoothAssault - you having the discs/calipers then? Need to confirm sale soon, as there's another 2 waiting!

Ta.