For the 55th millionth time, can i ask this question?

craichouse

Reaction score
don't shoot me :sorry:

but i want to upgrade my old halogen headlights to Xenon and i already know ye are the smartest Audi people on the internet :whistle2:

should i go OEM from main dealer?
what else do i need to purchase? ballast etc....

i was looking at these also:

Headlights Audi A4 B7 04-08 * 2 halo. * Black from dayline.de
DAYLINE Scheinwerfer - Scheinwerfer * Audi A4 B7 04-08 * 2 Standlichtr. * schwarz

Headlight D1S Xenon Clear Ind from allpartssouthwest.com
Allparts South West Ltd A4 Mk5 (8EC,8ED,B7) 06/06>

FK Angel Eye Headlights
Venom Motorsport Performance Car Parts - EBC Brakes, Black Diamond Brakes, FK Suspension, Eibach Suspension, Weitec Suspension, Supersport Suspension

anybody have experience with any of the above?

thanks in advance

Try a pm to site sponsors for retrofitting of lights, you will probably get a better deal as they can supply/fit and travel to do the work. Try user NHN, user N8 and cruiser89 they are all sponsors. There work is 1st class. Where are you located? :) x

I am also looking into this as an upgrade. I have used the ballast and HID kits from ebay numerous times and they are fine but I like the idea of a projector lens instead. I guess to have it done properly is going to cost a small fortune to convert to a proper oem set up. I do like the angel eye kit in the above post, the last one. Has anyone ever seen these on, do they look ok?
Im not a big fan of the DRL aftermarket kits as I think they look a bit odd and dont look that good in my humble opinion.

As post 2 pm site sponsors for prices. :) x

Craic, are you looking for a complete supply/fit solution, as we can offer that location dependent, does the username denote location as Ireland?

b088in, I'll reply shortly :)

NHN,

indeed it does. and i am looking for a complete supply/fit solution. but as i am in Ireland supply will do
i can fit myself and get my mechanic to reprogram.

advice is also helpful. i like the Angel Eye look but have been told you lose light quality so to stay OEM.
so as this is the next upgrade to the DTM i need to get it right.

I could do with a trip :)

Not sure angel eyes on a B7 would start to look tacky tbh, oem is the best look I would say.

I got oem bi-xenons with auto levelling and AFS fitted to my B7 last summer - no headlight washers though...cough cough cough. I got it done via bespokeautotech in Cheshire for ~ £2200 and this was using all genuine audi parts. Obviously not cheap but imho well worth it as the difference is night and day compared to the bog standard halogens. The oem bi-xenon stock bulbs are 4300k in colour, i replaced them with 5000k Osram xenarc D1S cool blue bulbs (not really blue, more whiter) and they look a lot better. Each bulb can be bought for around 70 euros from germany, compared to £80 in UK
KfZ-Halogen-Scheinwerferlampe Osram Xenarc Cool Blue D1s Intense | voelkner - direkt günstiger

Nigel - sorry to but in, but if there's any slight chance of you going to the North or South, let me know ;)

I got oem bi-xenons with auto levelling and AFS fitted to my B7 last summer - no headlight washers though...cough cough cough.

I'd be very aware of mot testers now, some including mine may see the HID designation & want to see headlight washers now given new year mot changes & fail because they don't exist, as mine did, mine were fitted but disabled due to a t-piece leak, repaired & tested passing fine same day.