For Anyone thinking of Running Standard Pagid Discs with DS2500's

fran-s3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Don't do it!

After running standard Pagid discs and thinking they'd be fine, after 4months my discs have stated to warp! :( Gutted. So a word of advice really - spend the extra in matching your discs. Honestly and no I'm not a hard barker at all - I don't drive like I stole it.

As I don't really have the budget to spend £100's on performance discs am thinking of running some Brembo Max (same as Westy's setup) and hopefully they'll last me a bit longer! Brembo Max Front Brake Discs (P/N 09.7880.75) fits Audi S3 (seen them on Ebay for £129 delivered)

Anyone else running a similar setup?

On a more positive note Westy did my n249 delete and cleaned my injectors and wow what a difference! Pickup is a lot better and strangely enough starts up even quicker when turning over?! Result, guys a legend! :)

Last edited:
Yes my discs apologies. Really, they're good discs as well. How long have you had your discs for? I've considered going to back to OEM pads and discs if they're not going to last that long... Sad to say. :(

OEM Brembo front dsics, £86...Brembo Painted Front Brake Discs (P/N 09.7880.11) fits Audi S3 always used OEM Brembos with Castrol SRF and DS2500's for road/track on all my cars. I highly rate RBF600 fluid too.If you've got a few extra quid, I'd bin off the Ferodo pads all together and go for Performance Friction (PF#1's). Best pad you can buy. Make DS3000's look like cheese. Seriously amazing pad.

OEM Brembo front dsics, £86...Brembo Painted Front Brake Discs (P/N 09.7880.11) fits Audi S3 always used OEM Brembos with Castrol SRF and DS2500's for road/track on all my cars. I highly rate RBF600 fluid too.If you've got a few extra quid, I'd bin off the Ferodo pads all together and go for Performance Friction (PF#1's). Best pad you can buy. Make DS3000's look like cheese. Seriously amazing pad.

Cheers Ryan - wonder what the difference is between those and the Brembo Max Discs are...

Cheers Ryan - wonder what the difference is between those and the Brembo Max Discs are...

Have you read the "definitive break thread" in the stickies? It talks about the difference between plain discs, groved discs, and drilled discs. Some people believe that you dont need anything other than plain discs and it's actually the choice of pad and fluid that makes the difference.

From my experience with the Brembo Max they have been brilliant with the DS2500s and I will be keeping these discs when I fit my DS3000s and porka 4 pots. I have no experience with the plain Brembo discs so I cant comment.

Do you know what brake fluid you have in your lines Fran?

Yeah looking at what your running and your experience with the same pads the Brembo Max discs should be fine then. I have just read that sticky, very interesting.... Although clearly Pagid plain discs aren't up to the job.

I'm running the standard Audi stuff (5dot1 is it or something?!) that APS put in a few months ago so it's quite fresh. Obviously it's not performance stuff but the pedal feel is good I must admit. Awesome be interesting to see how the DS3000's compare...

westy you still selling your s3 calliper carriers or full callipers when you have the 4pots on? if so send pm my way

carriers if willing to split as i can use the callipers from mine

I'd steer clear of EBC Ultimax - just had mine warp again having had them skimmed. I'm running DS2500 pads.

My Brembo max discs have been on for over a year now and there is only a tiny lip appearing now. I went through the following brake bedding in process last June when I got brand new discs and DS2500s:

http://badger-5.com/bin/brakes/bedding-in-330-brakes.txt

I'm about to fit Porsche Boxster 4 pots and DS3000s so we'll see how that goes!

Saved that link for future reference - looks pretty useful :)

On talk of Brembo Max I have heard a lot of good about them.

I'd steer clear of EBC Ultimax - just had mine warp again having had them skimmed. I'm running DS2500 pads.
really? hmmm at the end of the day they are all mild steel discs,,, that will warp if pads are clamped after they are hot, ,,long down hill sections or spirited driving,, you must release the brakes if stood stationary, or they will warp,,

really? hmmm at the end of the day they are all mild steel discs,,, that will warp if pads are clamped after they are hot, ,,long down hill sections or spirited driving,, you must release the brakes if stood stationary, or they will warp,,

I agree, it's just strange that they have gone twice on me. I've not done a track day, and the spirited driving was a 15 mile section of single carriageway road doing 50 with a number of overtakes for slower traffic where speed will have increased significantly. At no point was the car stationary & held on the front brakes alone.

Fortunately there isn't enough meat for them to be skimmed again (that may also explain their rapid re-warp) so they'll get replaced with something more reliable. Call me a cynic but I've not had an EBC product on either the S3 or the Seat's that I actually rate.

Last edited:
Brembo Max Discs Ordered! Thanks Westle for your advice and everyone else who contributed - fingers crossed I'll get to replace the pads before the discs next time with these.....

Will do cheers. My DS2500 pads have been bedded in with my OEM discs from before (not replacing these as only 4months old) shall I still carry out that bedding in guide mate?

Will do cheers. My DS2500 pads have been bedded in with my OEM discs from before (not replacing these as only 4months old) shall I still carry out that bedding in guide mate?

Yes mate still do the bedding in guide. It's more important to introduce the new discs to heat gradually as its the sudden heat that warps them.

Great stuff thanks, last question I promise do I do both stages or just stage 1? Cheers :)

Great stuff thanks, last question I promise do I do both stages or just stage 1? Cheers :)

Personally i'd do it all just to be on the safe side. I'm fitting new calipers and DS3000s on Saturday but keeping the existing discs, so the revers to you, but I'll still do the whole guide from above just for peace of mind ;)

Will do cheers. My DS2500 pads have been bedded in with my OEM discs from before?

What bedding in process did you use before?

Ferdo recommends this:
When brakes are at suitable temperature begin bedding process, achieve approximately 70 percent of race speed then perform 25-30 brake applications at half normal race pedal pressure holding on for 4 seconds. When this is completed use a slowing down lap to allow brakes to cool.

Last edited:
Iv just got standered seat discs and pads for my lcr brembos and dot 5.1 fluid there ok need to be changed got good calipers and crap discs and pads and fluid