For anyone considering installing Boost Gauge(s)

RyanS3TT

Reaction score
Hello all.

I fitted my boost gauge today after finally having a weekend free to do so.

I fitted it in my centre concole vent, (drivers side).

Ive been planning to do this mod for quite some time, infact i was going to put on on the drivers side vent nearer the window, and my oil pressure on this side, however that can wait for another day.

I have a picture however it was taken in the dark, I can take more tommorow day.

Please let me know what you think, and if you would like to know how I did it, ill be happy to explain.

01112009331.jpg

Its not quite finished as Im waiting on a rubber insert to finish it off but I like it at the moment.

Thanks, Ryan

Looks sound. What makes the gauge? You plumbed it into the DV or FPR?

Hi.
Im fitting my AFR in the drivers vent soon , ive already put my boost gauge on the A pilar.
I plumbed mine to the DV,
I bought the gauge vent from awesome gti but im now making a slightly difrent style item... fingers crossed it will be done next week

Haha, yeah I do need fuel Voorhees.

I plumbed mine into the DV for now, as i wasnt sure how to do the FPR one.

I dont think its too acurate at the moment as my car is only boosting to 1 Bar.

Does anyone advise the FPR route?

Mine is reading spot on as far as i know. ( went in for some logging and they said its spot on to what they logged)
I used hard nylon pipe to run from the DV to the gauge, I only did that to avoid any chance of the pipe kinking a it came through the bulk head.

FPR is more accurate, if you havent done the n249 bypass then t'ing into the DV can be inaccurate.

FPR is fed straight from the inlet manifold, the N249 takes a feed from the inlet mani too but it controls the DV and has a vacuum store (big black plastic thing I removed in a recent post in my build thread) and could potentially cause an inaccurate reading. Can't say I have ever tried it myself so can't confirm or deny this to be the case but mine has always been tee'd from the FPR... just watch the FPR pipe coming from the mani as its notorious for splitting as I have found out recently!!!

I used fuel grade rubber pipe (small internal diameter) for mine, silicon vacuum pipe seems a bit flimsy on long runs and heat can make it give more under boost. The fuel pipe is rigid and resists going floppy with heat.

Far better than the supplied 'screen washer' pipe they supplied that just collapsed on itself when anywhere near heat!!!

<tuffty/>

Beat me to it tufty.
Where did you get the fuel line from?

Local motor factors... problem is though, different gauges have different fitting requirements at the gauge itself. I currently have a cheap one, it just takes a pipe and pipe clip... others I have seen use proprietary fittings at the gauge which is a pain. Check what will work with yours before buying basically..

<tuffty/>

mines is plumbed in using a combo of rubber pipe and metal brake pipe as the standard pipe you get with them melts far too easily