For all those with worn S3 steering wheel badge.

ayfreetee

Reaction score
My little S3 badge was worn, but I didn't want to get ripped off by the stealers, or even attempt to paint mine, luckily I fount a self adhesive aluminium replacement on eBay for £4.99, perfect fit and just sticks over the original.

Looks much better in the metal, pictures don't do it justice, certainly worth a fiver, as for the link, I'm not very good at all that malarkey, I knew someone would do it anyway, bit of a techno twonk I'm afraid:)

Reactions: S3 Hilife
Too much of a techno twonk to take a pic an post it on here? :)

<tuffty/>

It keeps telling me the file is too big, don't know what to do about that either, doh!

No I'm not that much of a mug as to spend near on £30 for tiny bit of plastic.

Reactions: VAG-Slag
No I'm not that much of a mug as to spend near on £30 for tiny bit of plastic.

Sadly I would be LOL...

Get the pic up mate... there is a limit on the physical size of the pic you can upload so try reducing the resolution of your phone camera and take it again

<tuffty/>

It's only £20 for the right one....

If these cars are going to go up in value over the next few years as you have previously advised on another thread then it will only be for the ones that are correct and with only the very best quality mods. This is one of those things that every buyer or driver will see first....

I'm not calling anyone a mug that's not my style but with the decline in numbers of these cars which we are already spending more on than they are worth...why flinch for another £15??

Not seen them for less than £25, I'm not that bothered tbh, as for changing my camera settings, erm well you've lost me already :-/

On the listing the first pic looks normal with the 'S3' indented and looks like it could be passed off as a genuine badge but on the second pic the 'S3' looks like it's raised and looks terrible.
Like you I refuse to pay the £30 price tag for a new one which is why I painted mine but it would be interesting to see a better pic of yours.

If your using IOS you could try something like the 'simple resize' app (or similar) to scale the image down, Maybe that could work

Steve

iPad Air 2, is what I will use, I'll give it a go, but don't hold your breath though:)

Does the original badge on the steering wheel just prise off?

On the listing the first pic looks normal with the 'S3' indented and looks like it could be passed off as a genuine badge but on the second pic the 'S3' looks like it's raised and looks terrible.
Like you I refuse to pay the £30 price tag for a new one which is why I painted mine but it would be interesting to see a better pic of yours.

If your using IOS you could try something like the 'simple resize' app (or similar) to scale the image down, Maybe that could work

Steve
The 2nd pic is clearly the "reverse" side of the badge fyi

£28 for the OEM one which I bought! Get your wallets out you cheap tight gits! I thought Jojo was tight, but you lot are more Asian than me and him combined! Haha

Reactions: Nilz and S3 Hilife