Footwell lights on full brightness all the time

R0cket

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
i retro fitted footwell lights a few weeks ago and all works good but the background lighting settings always revert back to max when I turn it off and leave it a day. This means the footwell lights stay on while driving. If I turned them down to minimum they only light up when you open the door which is how it should work.

Have I missed a setting on vcds somewhere does anyone know?

My footwell lights are on all the time the engine is running, but that's a configurable setting that I opted for using the Carista app. It seems logical to assumethat it's also configurable with VCDS as well , but I've no idea what the coding would be as I don't use VCDS.

Aren't you mistaking the fact that they dim when you close the door?
On minimum setting it will look like they turn off while on maximum they will always show just brighter when the doors are opened...

At least that's the case with mine...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yeah just wondered if there was a vcds tweak that can set them to minimum by default instead of maximum. Every time I turn them down it’s back on max the next time I drive the car.

Strangely it seems they stay off but if you go into the mmi they jump to max. Its working as I want it so hopefully all ok