Footwell lights and coding traumas

Owyn

Reaction score
Good afternoon all,

I've been fitting footwell lights into my 58 reg A4 avant, the fronts are working a treat but I'm having bother with the rears.

I've obviously plugged the fronts in correctly and I think I have the rears too but when I come to enable them with my OBDeleven (module 9, byte 16 bit 1) it comes back with "function not available".

Is this likely to be be me not plugging the pin into the correct slot on the plug, does the system know if there is a pin in the module? or is it likely to be the module not having rear footwells available?

Its not the end of the world if not because I can splice the rears into the fronts but I'd prefer to do it right.

Thanks
Owyn

I used the same pin in the black plug as I did the grey connector, it was a bit of a pig to get in so it may have been the wrong one?
Anyone have any info?
For now the rears are spliced into the front which isn't perfect but better than nothing

I would say either module or obd eleven does not support the rear ones. The module recognized if LED is connected but the option to code should be there no matter.

Looks like I've put the wrong pin in the plug, I've ordered some off eBay, let's see if it works with the correct pin in!

Reactions: turbozob