Footwell lighting and climate control centre colour

Gazza84

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have noticed a few things from lots of youtube videos that I’ve noticed and I’d like clarity on. I’m a big fan of interior ambient lighting and was just wondering if the footwell has lighting in the passenger side aswell as the driver side, as it oxnly looks to be lit in the drivers and is the footwell lighting white only or can it be coloured with the surface lighting?

Also in some videos/photo’s the led writing in the climate control dial is multicoloured, while in others it is white. I was wondering what was making it appear different in various reviews and photos. Is it a setting that changes this?

Thanks for your time.

Hi guys, I have noticed a few things from lots of youtube videos that I’ve noticed and I’d like clarity on. I’m a big fan of interior ambient lighting and was just wondering if the footwell has lighting in the passenger side aswell as the driver side, as it oxnly looks to be lit in the drivers and is the footwell lighting white only or can it be coloured with the surface lighting?

Also in some videos/photo’s the led writing in the climate control dial is multicoloured, while in others it is white. I was wondering what was making it appear different in various reviews and photos. Is it a setting that changes this?

Thanks for your time.

The footwell lighting is part of the same colour selection as the ‘downlighting’ in the doors (best way I can describe it because I can’t remember what the MMI actually calls it), and you can choose the colour which is used in both the driver and passenger footwell. The LED strips are a different selection so you can have different colours.

The buttons are coloured white and there’s no selection to change them, must be something to do with the camera recording it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk