Footwell LED Lights Audi TT RS Retrofit

CityBoyAsh

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I want to install footwell LED lights into my 2012 TT RS. So I've bought these off eBay as this seller claims it works on 2009 to 2014 Audi TT's MRK 2 8J.

838b88614f9379b9bcb52d9b182c3ea8.jpg

After reading a few posts on here it's quite confusing on how to achieve this successfully as there's quite a few factors to take into consideration when connecting this all up. Factors such as what year the car is as Audi changed the wiring look so it has to connect to a different and etc. Also there's a bit of mish-mash of instructions and information, which also adds to the difficulty.

So to make it easier for myself (selfish I know :p) could anyone with the knowledge please tell me the following...

1) What pin no. connection on the CECM unit the LED footwell lights needs to connect to on a 2012 plate TT RS? (I believe it's pin no. 50 for 2010 onwards cars?)

2) Via VAG-COM/VCDS what settings do I need to navigate to in order to activate the LED footwell lights?

Cheers
- Ash

If you register on the TTForum, they have a section in the Mk2 area called Knowledge Base. In there they have several step-by-step guides for different mods that can be done, you might find some answers in there

Hello do you know how to connect the footwell on tt 2008

Did you find what you wanted on the ttforum? I have installed these twice now on mk2 TTs with a combination of instruction from this site (by user RobinA3) and the ttforum. I have used t52b pin 50 both times on cecm and bytes 12 and 20 in the long code helper using vcds (one enables lights and one enables dis menu to adjust brightness)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk