Footwell and door lights not working - fuse is ok?

shaz

Reaction score
Hey guys, whilst trying to fit leather recaros to my b6 avant I noticed the footwell lights aren't working now iv checked the fuse all is well, any ideas what could cause this?

And I'm still having probs with the electric on the seats as they stopped working as soon as I put the passenger seat in, even my original seat with only lumbar support has stopped working!

Any help guys?

Very unlikely as it were working 10 mins before I put an electric seat in,

The only thing I realised that my friends car had 4 pins under the seat plug but mine had 2 but when u plugged in the seat the electric still worked

Don't know about the specifics of the seat installation and how it may have effected things - but I had a problem with the footwell and door light (front passenger side only) on my B5. First thing to do is get a multimeter so you can check if there is 12v supply, continuity signal for sections of wiring, etc. I stripped out the door card, checked wiring and checked fuse, etc. I eventually traced the problem to the door lock microswitch. It just needed a quick clean, grease door lock and put it all back together. Now works perfectly.

if all lights are out it could well be something else?

change the fuses 1 either side
from the 10 amp to 30 amp ones