1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Folding wing mirror lubrication possible?

Wibbly Dec 8, 2018 at 8:48 AM

1. Wibbly

Wibbly Active Member Team Glacier TFSI Owners Group Audi A3 S-line owners group Manual

Drivers side mirror has become slower to open and close than the other and now occasionally gets stuck. Is there a way to lubricate them?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. PhilsA3

PhilsA3 New Member

Fatbloke likes this.
  4. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group

My drivers side one, when I had the A3 saloon, was replaced under warranty for the same issue. Seems like it is a common problem with this..

5. AlS3BE

AlS3BE Well-Known Member

Had similar issues with my a6. Sorted under warranty. It doesn’t help in the design that the mirror points up when folded so acting like a cup/scoop for rain water and other **** to fall in.

6. RS3 S.

RS3 S. Well-Known Member Team Daytona Team V6 SQ5 owners group Audi Q5 S tronic

7. mikemod

mikemod Well-Known Member Team Tango Audi S3

Mine is doing exactly the same and is booked in to get it sorted, they already tried to squirt lubricant round it but it had no effect.

The first free date I can get at the dealer, to include a courtesy car, is 22nd January :openmouth:

8. JayA3sline

JayA3sline Active Member VCDS Map User

I had this on my 8P, it’s hard to get any spray lubricants within the mechanism however once you pop the mirror off I lubed the spring and all works well like new

[​IMG]

mikemod likes this.
  9. mikemod

mikemod Well-Known Member Team Tango Audi S3

Looks good, I hear a clunk sometimes before it stops as if the spring is stuck.
    Was it easy to get the mirror off as I would rather give it a go myself than leave it in the dealers?