Folding seats failed

danny_dj3

Reaction score
Just been looking about, and i'm sure there was a guide somewhere here or in the stickies on how to fix the folding seats. my drivers side packed in this morning and the passenger one months back.
I know they are a weak part of the seats, but ideally before i rip them out thought i would ask if theres any guides or pointers :D

also, is there any nice alternatives out there thats are a pretty straight forward swapout?

Cheers Jason, some interesting stuff in that link.

but holy ****. i would rather rebuild my engine again rather than try and sort the ****** seats out :D. i mean man, thats crazy. found the section for the recaros but not really much for the 'whats failed' and what needs to be replaced part of in. all i wanted to do was find whats failed and if not repair it correctly, possibly devise a better way to release the seats.

i guess i shoulda been a little more descriptive in whats gone; both little handles on the front seats, i know the passenger side has defo broke the moulded handle, the drivers hasn't but refuses to unlock the thing, it just flaps about as if the cables become disconnected. pain in the **** as the little un has now gotta climb into the back and i'll be ****** if im gonna risk taking her out in it if i can't fold the seats down in an emergency.

guess this is gonna be another diy learning curve.

Do you mean the ones to tilt it forward? From the back ? Only one in each seat actually connected to the mechanism the other is just a ar across that connects to the other, I have the same proton my passenger seat the one by the door doesn’t do anything and have to lean across the one near the handbrake side and from the parts diagram I seen it’s just a bar across that connects it

7F62CB15 2D84 49FC B97D 3EE3C99F1759

Unfortunately parts aren’t available for the seats no more might have to bite the bullet and find some on eBay, I got one for £20 To use as spares

if i can find the release, i will make my own cable/arm system to sort it, just cant see the bit yet [not fully looked at that pic ;) ] but damn thats more complex than the engine! lol

There’s a guy in stoke who breaks them he’s bound to have seats even if it’s a battered one to use as parts

Reactions: danny_dj3
I replaced my little arms for one from a tt there exactly the same I bought 4 for a fiver from my local breakers just to spare. If you do take them off use a needle nose plier after to get the little clip out that holds onto the metal in the seat other keeping them in place is impossible. I had to go back a second time to get them. Luckily he didn't charge me

Reactions: danny_dj3
There’s a guy in stoke who breaks them he’s bound to have seats even if it’s a battered one to use as parts
Last time I went to see him he did have quite alot of battered seat. But I did go before you went