1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Folding mirrors

Pook Jun 11, 2018

1. Pook

Pook Well-Known Member Team Ara Blue Black Edition S3 Saloon

Hi all

Can anybody who DOES NOT have folding mirrors (6XK on facelift) tell me whether the passenger side mirror has the kerb-view function or not? Thinking of purchasing a stock car but it don’t have the folding mirrors option - and whilst folding mirrors are not a ‘must have’, the kerb view function is another matter.

Thanks in advance.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. RichardT

RichardT Well-Known Member Team Brill Red saloon Audi A3

There have been lots of mentions on here about this. I am pretty sure that the kerb view only comes with folding mirros.
    But I also think that it can be coded if it’s not there.

Pook and jassyo06 like this.
  4. Phutters

Phutters .

You can enable the passenger mirror kerb view with Carista.

My 2107 car doesn't have powered mirror folding.

Some people seem to have a minor issue with the mirror glass not always returning to its pre-tilted position properly, but mine works just fine.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    Pook likes this.
  5. RichardT

RichardT Well-Known Member Team Brill Red saloon Audi A3

Mine is factory installed folding mirrors. In the 3 years I have had the car it has failed to return two or three times. Basically you just use the controls to move it up and it’s fine again.

Pook likes this.
  6. Sparks43

Sparks43 3rd Gear

Agree with above - I enabled it on my friends car using Carista (2018 plate)

7. Pook

Great thanks.

8. Kieran Johnson

Kieran Johnson Active Member

Mine didn’t have folding mirrors or mirror dip but I now have mirror dip thanks to carista

9. Pook

Great thanks, you on 8V facelift? Was it just a simple code change, not hardware change or anything?

10. Kieran Johnson

Kieran Johnson Active Member

Sorry mine is pre facelift. Yeah it’s literally just turning it on via the app. More useful then I thought it would be

11. Pook

Great thanks, if I get the car I’ll maybe come back for some more advice, cheers!

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. davemk

davemk Active Member Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group Audi A3

You are driving a DeLorean though. ;)

14. Pook

So yea it seems a very easy change. I’m not someone to mod my cars, especially something like this that actually changes software coding etc, is this a safe change, like is it likely to mess up something else or indeed affect my warranty?

15. Pook

So with these Carista changes (or whatever medium used), do the code changes stay saved if say Audi were to reset the system or check it for updates or whatever when it goes in on an annual service for example?