Folding mirrors when locking

Bradderz_1988

Dont replace it, Upgrade it !!
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that if i fitted the ‘Maxi’ front door motor/modules 8e2959802e and 8e2959801e from a circa 2010 seat exeo to my 2006 DTM that i would then have folding mirrors on locking/unlocking without any other modifications needed for this to work as i have read this can be done as opposed to the addition of aftermarket relays and wiring.

any help/feedback appreciated.

I have fitted this to my car, change modules, you need to change the mirrors with folding ones, you also need to change the mirror control panel
to one with folding option, I got mine from Seat Exeo.
Sadly the mirrors do not fold on close or open, I would like this option but it's only possible by adding relays cutting and soldering.

Nope as said above they only work from the door switch, but still a nice upgrade to have

I have fitted this to my car, change modules, you need to change the mirrors with folding ones, you also need to change the mirror control panel
to one with folding option, I got mine from Seat Exeo.
Sadly the mirrors do not fold on close or open, I would like this option but it's only possible by adding relays cutting and soldering.
I already have the power folding mirrors installed with control knob installed from factory and i have ordered Maxi motor/modules as read that these allow folding on locking if taken from the seat exeo.

I already have the power folding mirrors installed with control knob installed from factory and i have ordered Maxi motor/modules as read that these allow folding on locking if taken from the seat exeo.
Well I have Seat Exeo maxi modules, but they don't fold, where did you get that info??

Thats interesting, although the exeo and B7 share the same platform, i thought the exeo used some later electrical technology from other vag cars of the same MY? I must be mistaken. When i retrofitted my power fold mirrors i used modules from an S4

Thats interesting, although the exeo and B7 share the same platform, i thought the exeo used some later electrical technology from other vag cars of the same MY? I must be mistaken. When i retrofitted my power fold mirrors i used modules from an S4

The modules ive ordered are from a seat exeo date stamped 2010/2011 and the part numbers are :-
OSF - 8E2959802E
NSF - 8E2959801E

i read that these modules allow folding on locking and are plug and play i could be wrong and end up with 2 modules as ornaments if it doesn’t work lol

Sorry but it wont work, you cannot programme the modules, you just fit them and they work from the switch.
I guess the Seat Exeo has a different power module and a Canbus system so you can programme the moduls individually,
you cannot do this on a B7.

Sorry but it wont work, you cannot programme the modules, you just fit them and they work from the switch.
I guess the Seat Exeo has a different power module and a Canbus system so you can programme the moduls individually,
you cannot do this on a B7.

so im guessing my existing modules are ‘maxi’ modules anyway already having folding mirrors fitted.

What a shame, guess i will just have to sell the modules to someone who is wanting to retro fit folding mirrors then :sob:

Yes, you will already have these fitted already, it's just the Seat ones are a later manufacture of the same part number.
The reason I had to change my door modules, they were not the E versions.

If the Seat mirrors fold on lock/unlock its controlled by the Central Electric Control Module and not the door controller its self.

Sent from my RMX2170 using Tapatalk