Folding mirrors retrofit parts??

Bruce Rutherford

Reaction score
Hi all, hoping someone can help - I’ve found in a breakers near me an A3 on a 55 plate - this has the powerfolding mirrors option.

First of all, would they work on an 09 plate, and second of all, how hard would it be to remove all the parts I need to fit them to mine?

Hoping someone can help before they go!

Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you Google a3 8p folding mirrors mate it will fetch links to retrofitting them back to this site as far back as 2007

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Hi all, hoping someone can help - I’ve found in a breakers near me an A3 on a 55 plate - this has the powerfolding mirrors option.

First of all, would they work on an 09 plate, and second of all, how hard would it be to remove all the parts I need to fit them to mine?

Hoping someone can help before they go!

Cheers.

Firstly if there power folding then the correct door modules must be in the 55 plate but if it was me i would find out which ones they are as there is 3 types J M P , p is the last one and best one .
I have a 59 plate S3 which i have done the retrofit on and i found on youtube a video which takes everything off but if you look for @Ash187 post about it he does it a easier way where you would unpin the old mirrors and pull the wires through and then mount the new mirrors and pull there wires through and then just repin them back into the connector you took them out off .

Can't use the mirrors and modules off 55 plate. Find some from an 09-12 car.

For cars built from 2004-2008 you would want to do this the right way and use the folding mirrors from the 8P2 (2004-2008) with the door modules ending in G as these modules were the ones compatible with folding mirrors in the older cars.

As your car is a 2009 I wouldn’t recommend using the older mirrors as you will loose the indicators in the mirrors and since you don’t have indicators in the wings you will end up with an MOT failure.
Get yourself some folding mirrors from the 8P3 model (2008-2012)

Reactions: Bruce Rutherford
For cars built from 2004-2008 you would want to do this the right way and use the folding mirrors from the 8P2 (2004-2008) with the door modules ending in G as these modules were the ones compatible with folding mirrors in the older cars.

As your car is a 2009 I wouldn’t recommend using the older mirrors as you will loose the indicators in the mirrors and since you don’t have indicators in the wings you will end up with an MOT failure.
Get yourself some folding mirrors from the 8P3 model (2008-2012)

Great, thanks for the info everyone, will keep looking!