Folding mirrors retro-fitted

Screendevil

Reaction score
Had the folding mirrors fitted this week at Hazzydayz.
I'm very pleased with them. There's nothing to tell that they're different from standard. The switch was changed also and looks like a factory install. The mod includes the option for the n/s mirror to dip to show the kerb while reversing and is all coded correctly.
Also had the little car coded to show on the centre screen when reversing.
Took about 4 hours all in all so do as I did...take your iPad.

All in all....very happy.

Reactions: Sandra
Of course there are other brands of tablets available. However when you say about the reversing display on the centre screen do you mean the one between the two dials. If so I didn't know you could do that and have you any pictures?

The screen that is centre of the glare shield....same as used for Sat Nav / Radio / Car Settings etc.

Nice... folding mirrors is well needed on the 8V

Nice but...... £850 + VAT seems alot considering they are a £150 option on a new build

I bought my car as an approved used and 2 Audi dealerships refused to retrofit them. Having had them before and seeing a lot of smashed expensive mirrors, I wanted them. I'm not saying they were cheap, I'm just saying that it's possible and the job was well done.

Yeah...I don't see the issue...it's an expensive car, not a go-kart and I wanted it done properly.
That's a fitted and coded price.
It took just over 4 hours. Break that up into labour and OEM part costs?

Half the people on here spend a fortune on new wheels even though as standard I'm pretty sure most cars come with their own already.
With them and the remaps etc.....

Oh my mistake....when making your car faster, cost is never an issue.

Reactions: Mike071288
It's not an issue as long as you are happy mate, I was just shocked at the price considering I put them as an option for £150. As you say if it saves a few smashed mirrors it will be worth it long term :)

Ive literally missed the specification lock down as I am scheduled for a BW9 and cannot add this option now...a bit gutted as it would have been nice to have, as would alot of the other options to be honest. Not sure I would ever have a spare £900 to spend on it now though..

I umm'd and arrh'd about it for a while but that price seemed pretty standard. Hazzydayz wasn't the only place I looked.
I can't believe Audi wouldn't do it. Their excuse was always the warranty...which is utter BS. They just didn't want to do it.
Yeah it's a lot...more than I expected, but hey.... You want what you want....

Enjoy your new car :)

£900 to retrofit folding mirrors which isn't a necessity is insane

There are chaps on here that I've used in the past, NHN and Ash187, both who are ASN site sponsors who both offer retrofitting services.

Ash187 retrofitted electric folding mirrors on my A3 8P for considerably less than what Hazzydayz were offering at the time.

Last edited:
Lots of cash for sure would be interesting what the parts alone would cost then maybe what you could sell the original mirrors for to recoup some of that spend.

I can also understand the challenge in doing a retrofit and then having the satisfaction of using it afterwards. Fitted cruise, ambient lighting to door handles and loads of other stuff on my last 8P because you can. Didn't use the cruise much afterwards but felt happier knowing it was there lol !!

It would be interesting to know what parts they actually changed. When I had mine done on the 8P it was just a case of swapping the bases of the wing mirrors for electric folding ones, the caps and glass were the same. I also needed new modules inside the doors that supported the electric folding option along with a new switch to operate the function.

I was then able to sell the old manual bases for a little bit :)

hazzydayz are very expensive for an indie retro-fitter though. For example I was looking into getting this done:

http://hazzydayz.com/audi-a3-8v-cruise-control-3643-p.asp

£350 + VAT; so £420 total.

Put that into perspective, this company will do it for just over half the price (£217 all-in):
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361000155493?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Or, I can buy the part from Audi directly for £143. Audi dealerships all quoted about 2 hours labour for fitting (it's actually only about an hour, but hey-ho)... So let's assume £100 an hour + VAT. So even then, it's still £40 cheaper fitted by an Audi dealership, properly coded (i.e. it won't get wiped by a factory reset as it might with vagcom).

So make of that what you will...

I presume you got the old mirrors given back to you so you could sell them on and recoup some of the cost? It would be pretty criminal of them if not.

Lol...I come on here to tell people it's possible and all you lot do is break it down.

Maybe I'll just spend £2500 on a pointless exhaust system grille and wheels...possibly throwing in an Intercooler and a remap....

If I did that this thread would be way different.

Forums....always the ****** same.

Nah, I can fully understand spending the money, and totally agree with you about the waste of money people spend on new wheels etc - but the reason they are so much more expensive afterwards is because you are paying for new parts again, whereas at order time they are substituted parts. The equivalent here would be if you got the old mirrors back to sell on - if not, you really should be asking questions to the fitter - you did pay for them after all!

Hey, I did the same mod to my old 8P as I said above, so agree it's a great feature. I just think that the cost is over the top but that's based on what I paid to do mine at the time.

As cemerson says, hopefully you got some old parts back to sell on?

Having bought second hand without folding mirrors I tried Advanced In-Car Technologies for a quote six months ago to retrofit folding mirrors. They are generally cheaper than Hazzydays but told me they cannot do it on the 8V as Audi are restricting aftermarket parts. I also asked one of the forum members located near to me and mentioned earlier in this thread if they could retrofit the mirrors but they didn't respond to my pm..

If you park overnight in your garage this is a useful addition to avoid the door frame. It's personal choice, you spend your money how you like whether on retrofit mirrors or wheels or a reversing camera to name a few.