Folding door mirrors....

cuke2u

Reaction score
Hi, just a quick question, with the electric folding mirrors do they automatically fold when you lock the car then unfold again when you unlock?
Cheers...
Chris

Last edited:
There's an option in the MMI to set this. They fold on lock automatically, but unfold on ignition on rather than on unlock.

Hi, just a quick question, with the electric folding mirrors do they automatically fold when you lock the car then unfold again when you unlock?
Cheers...
Chris

Hi cuke2u.

There is an option in the MMI that you need to tick. Then they will automatically fold when locking the car, then they will unfold again when you start the car.

It's a shame they don't unfold on unlocking as this would make a useful way of knowing the car is locked when using the advanced key.

Hi Guys, as the dealer speced the car im not sure on all of the accessories fitted so where should i be looking in the MMI to see if i have this option. Thanks

Easiest way to check for folding mirrors is to look at the wing mirror adjustment knob on the drivers door. If they fold it will have a position you rotate it to for this. (Although you can also fold them automatically using the MMI setting).

Yeh, it's somewhere in the vehicle settings menu I think.

Ok all and thanks for your replies, I find auto folding a necessity so I am please the A3's have this with the optional folding mirrors...

Ok all and thanks for your replies, I find auto folding a necessity so I am please the A3's have this with the optional folding mirrors...

I take it this is an option to have folding mirrors and not something as standard?

It isn't a standard option, but it's not expensive to add them. There are a couple of different options too. You can have the standard folding mirrors on their own, or also have them auto dipping at night etc.

If you're parking in car parks or anywhere near other cars, it's a useful option to have to protect them from being bashed by women's handbags etc. walking past your car :)

The dealer set mine up so they would automatically fold in when I locked the car. It's a really useful feature, and they do fold in really tightly too.

Hi, with both versions the folding mirrors the passenger side dips to show the kerbeverse as well. At least I don't think the standard ones have this

They don't, but it can be enabled easily enough with VCDS I think.