Fogging up front window

sakkie69

2008 Audi S3
Reaction score
Does anyone else find their front window on the pre-facelift S3 fog up when the temperature inside is more than say 3 or 4 degrees higher or lower than the outside temp? The fogging seems to happen on the outside, as a quick splash and dash wiper movement gets rid of it. Anything you can put on the outside that stops it from happening?

You see the button between the up arrow and the down arrow? From memory its the shape of a rectangle with a line going through it. Press that so it lights up. This should stop air coming out of the vents for the windscreen. The windscreen is getting too cold compared to the outside temp and is causing water to condense on the outside where it is humid and hot.
I only let air out through that vent when i need to defog the windscreen.

Btw, ECON is just the air conditioning... lit up turns it off.

I think you've misunderstood Boydie, sakkie is talking about condensation on the outside not in.

I only have this problem when using a wax spray after washing the car.

cooni is right though, turn of the air supply to the window and it should stay closer to the outside temp. Press the middle and down buttons and you'll still get air from the vents and to your feet but none to the screen.