fog lights...

nhowroyd

Reaction score
Website
www.howroyd.co.uk
Stupid question of the day...

How easy is it to retro-fit the standard fog lights for an SE spec'd Sportback.....

Easy to understand answers would be great..

Not hard you have to obviously get the parts you need fogs, fog plugs, fog repair wires and the fog grill. Easy connection doing it to my 3door a3 now when new bumper comes. But some one will explain abit better then i can in abit as im still waiting for the bumper

Fogs, surrounds and knowing Audi you will need the wiring loom! You will also need the upgraded light switch, probably a new relay to power them and possibly VagCom to tell the car that they are there. Hopefully I'm making it sound worse than it is. That said, I have had my car 2 and half months and haven't used them once yet LOL

Fogs, surrounds and knowing Audi you will need the wiring loom! You will also need the upgraded light switch, probably a new relay to power them and possibly VagCom to tell the car that they are there. Hopefully I'm making it sound worse than it is. That said, I have had my car 2 and half months and haven't used them once yet LOL

Forgot about the switch lol going on ebay now :)
Aww i dont have VagCom damn lol have to find some one who does

I have a switch for sale if your interested? it is from a 2004 A3 tdi sport that has fogs.

No sorry, maybe try Vag parts, Give them your chassis number and get one of those shiney new tt style ones..lol

You will need to enable fog lights with VAGCOM, the loom can be purchased from Kufatec dont think you will need relays

Note: just had a thought the lead below I think is for the new style/shape fog lights. It does depend what shape the grills on your existing bumper are as to which fog light you will need.

a3nsw8p.jpg

http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_....html/XTCsid/4d11db1c50f2502e237d37207e49cd15

This was something I looked into a while back, but I couldn't source the foglights and grills for sensible money. The kufatec loom is the right one as I also found. I did manage to get the correct switch though (tip: try the German eBay (ebay.de) and look out for RHD switches - they go extremely cheaply).