Fog light - bulb recommendations?

ArrEssDrei

Reaction score
Looking to change some foglight bulbs on a PFL A3 to something white that matches the LED DRL's a bit better. It's a bit of a mine field between xenon and led and possible canbus errors, so I just thought I'd ask if anyone has done theirs to a whiter bulb that was error free and if they could recommend a brand to me?

If you want to stick with an OE type bulb to avoid canbus errors MTEC (Maruta) brand come recommended as I've got the Super White in my Amarok front fogs and bought from HIDS-Direct here.

Looking to change some foglight bulbs on a PFL A3 to something white that matches the LED DRL's a bit better. It's a bit of a mine field between xenon and led and possible canbus errors, so I just thought I'd ask if anyone has done theirs to a whiter bulb that was error free and if they could recommend a brand to me?
Don't buy 6000k or it will be too white audi drl are between 4500 - 5000k

If you want to stick with an OE type bulb to avoid canbus errors MTEC (Maruta) brand come recommended as I've got the Super White in my Amarok front fogs and bought from HIDS-Direct here.
He doesn't want super white.. But whiteish

I'm not to bothered if it's LED or not, just would like no errors, and to match the xenon headlights/DRL's. It's an H8 bulb.

Thanks for the recommendation. Is 5500 in these bulbs blueish? Would I be better with the 4150 to match my other lights or no?

H11

2019 02 18 084847

I'm running these older Super White 4350K bulbs but expect the 4150K would be perfect for your needs and a decent price to at least try them.
I'll get a picture tonight comparing them to my Xenon as the OE bulbs just looked silly in yellow when they came on at night as cornering lights and this is why I changed them.

20200701_082704Small.jpg

Reactions: ArrEssDrei
I'm running these older Super White 4350K bulbs but expect the 4150K would be perfect for your needs and a decent price to at least try them.
I'll get a picture tonight comparing them to my Xenon as the OE bulbs just looked silly in yellow when they came on at night as cornering lights and this is why I changed them.

20200701_082704Small.jpg

Thanks, I'll order some up. :)

Here is comparison from 6000k it will start to be blueish 5500k and 5000k won't be blue...

Attachments

• xenon-hid-color-temerature-chart-table.png
    xenon-hid-color-temerature-chart-table.png
    120.1 KB · Views: 55
  • Kelvin-Scale-and-Color-Temperatures-of-Common-Lighting-Sources-Paint-Correction-Christoher-Bro...png
    Kelvin-Scale-and-Color-Temperatures-of-Common-Lighting-Sources-Paint-Correction-Christoher-Bro...png
    41.1 KB · Views: 60
Images 1 2

Those headlights pictures the blue 6000K is way out and resembles 9000K on this more accurate scale .

Sample light temps

View attachment 234234

Those headlights pictures the blue 6000K is way out and resembles 9000K on this more accurate scale .

View attachment 234232
Well you showing lamps for homes,but foto always distorting image .. depends what device took pic with...
I purchased 6k for main beam and I can see blue beam coming from them but only when am sat behind the steering wheel .. and I have even 6k fogs and are stronger than audis orig DRLs.. but not much but I can see the difference

I went with Maruta 5500k, and they are slightly too blue against the DRL''s (coming home and leaving home), but are nearly perfect agains the Xenon's with the DRL LED'S/Parking lights dimmed. I should have followed your advice on the 4150k in retrospect, but are a huge improvement on the halogens.

I went with Maruta 5500k, and they are slightly too blue against the DRL''s (coming home and leaving home), but are nearly perfect agains the Xenon's with the DRL LED'S/Parking lights dimmed. I should have followed your advice on the 4150k in retrospect, but are a huge improvement on the halogens.
What about 5000k ?

5000k might well have been fine, but wasn't an option with those particular bulbs.
£12.92 35%OFF | CARLITEK H1 H4 H7 Led Canbu No Error 20000LM Auto H8 H9 H11 Car Lamp Mini HB4 9006 HB3 9005 Light Bulbs On Car 4300K 6000K 8000K

Reactions: ArrEssDrei