Fog Light as DRL - can it be done?

mathu

Reaction score
hey guys can anyone help, i want to use my fog lights as DRL and i read somewhere that you need to enable it on:

Module 09 / Byte 17 but when I got into my car it only goes up to Byte 16

does anyone know the reason for this?

Thanks

Why do you want your fogs on as DRL?

I have the option in my MY2009 car
6c5d23b3.jpg

Please dont open multiple threads on the same subject, as replies get answered in both & it becomes almost useless to others who ask the same questions, please keep it all in one, I'll ask a mod to merge or close one if nobody has replied to other.

see that is what was expiating to find with my car but my car stops after Byte 16 and i can't seem to enable this feature

Thats cause you have a lesser byte module, so forget it as the newer modules are hundreds & no guarantee will work for you.

Thats cause you have a lesser byte module, so forget it as the newer modules are hundreds & no guarantee will work for you.

thanks for the heads up buddy, but do you have any idea of part number to look out for incase i find one?

Why..? Its illegal to drive with fog lights on when its not foggy.. And you just look like a ****.

thats exactly what I'm trying to go for but seems like i can't its a shame, but i still would like to know if its possible with new module and the part number

Why..? Its illegal to drive with fog lights on when its not foggy.. And you just look like a ****.

Not illegal if they are set to DRLs like the new polo and standard C class that doesn't have leds. Both use dimmed fogs as DRLs.

Mine are set the same as Rhyso's and I've had no issued and went through MOT with it set...

Fogs on in daylight, DRL's or not = epic fail in my book. I'd rather drive with dipped headlights as Volvo have for donkeys, rather than look a plonker. I find them too aggressive as so many bad drivers have their fogs on and I personally would not want to associated with those drivers.

Fogs on in daylight, DRL's or not = epic fail in my book. I'd rather drive with dipped headlights as Volvo have for donkeys, rather than look a plonker. I find them too aggressive as so many bad drivers have their fogs on and I personally would not want to associated with those drivers.

Thats why they are set dimmer than when used as a fog light, and also the new Volvos uses the fogs as DRL too now but with LED technology....

Yeah i've seen the new V50's with the LED DRL's, I nearly adapted mine to freshen the front up, then I ordered the A3 instead :)

I think because they look so different due to the LED tech Joe Bloggs sees them as DRL's and not just the fogs.

Maybe it would look better if they could be done for the thread author then fit H11 / H7 LED alternative lights in the fog housing.

I know fitting LED's to use as fogs doesn't give enough light onto the road but to have them as DRL's would be fine as I think LED's catch your eye more than OEM bulbs.