1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Focus ST-3

Leevr Jan 4, 2020

1. Leevr

Leevr Well-Known Member Audi S3 Porsche Viper Green

Went with the misses today for her to test drive a 2015 Ford focus st-3. In tangerine orange. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by how good a car it was. All the toys. Electric full leather recaro seats with side bolsters that were huge and supportive maybe overly. I'm not a big guy 14 1/2 stone and I just fitted between the bolsters. On a long journey maybe a bit too snug. The interior finish was good. Infotainment was great. The exhaust note from the get go was very deep and throaty. Brakes were spot on. Suspension was on the firm side but coped well with the **** roads. No clunks or thuds. Steering had great weight and feedback feel. I find the S3 steering a bit light and vague, even if I'm in dynamic and suffer with understeer, although this may be down to my pirelli tyres. Good turn of pace as its pushing 250bhp. On the whole I'd recommend it as a possible alternative, albeit a step down from 4wd and power.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. SteveMcB

SteveMcB Well-Known Member SQ5 owners group Team Sepang Audi Cabriolet Owner Group

I don't drive mine that often TBH but it's pretty good value - and fun, steering is really precise, like a go kart. Easy to spin it up on damp roads though and fuel consumption isn't great. My son likes them but the seats are probably a bit too tight for me, particularly as I'm nursing torn intercostals!

Thinking of chopping it and my old A4 in for a Golf R soon.

Leevr likes this.
  4. CarbonMike

CarbonMike Active Member Team Brilliant Black quattro Audi A4 Black Edition

Great cars for the money by all accounts.

We had a Fiesta ST2 from new for 2 years, if there anything like that theyll be a hoot to chuck around!

Only downside to any performance ford is youll wake up every morning expecting it to no longer be on your drive :( thats why we sold ours.

Leevr likes this.