Foam Lance Help.

Westy

Reaction score
I've been looking at ordering a HD foam lance but i'm not sure what nozzel I need for my Karcher jet wash. I have a Karcher B203 so i'm not even sure if there is a nozzel for that model to use the HD lance. Can anyone advise me if I can?

Ive just had a quick scan on DetailingWorld and it seems a few people with the B203 have put through orders for a KArcher fitmented lance.

Might be worth contacting the supplier direct.

Tim at CleanYourCar is worth a try or wait for our very own Rich to pick this thread up. (polishedbliss)

I've been doing a few searches and I can find much about a decent 3rd part foam lance for the Karcher B302. I dont want to fork out on a new jet wash because there's nothing wrong with the B302.

HAs anyone used a foam lance straight off their hose pipe, and is it as good as one off a pressure washer?

Contact Rich @ PB Westle - he might have contacts. :)

An alternative is the Gilmour lance.. which, connects to the hose itself IIRC. Never used and never seen in operation so I can't comment.

Just a thought, it might be worth posting a question on DetailingWorld to see if there is anyone local to you in which you could borrow their connector - or atleast pop round and see if it fits your lance

Err, can you post a picture of your lance handle/connector please? I've done some digging and have seen images for the B203 showing a standard K-Series bayonet connector? If this is the case, the standard HD Lance with K-Series connector will work perfectly... :yes:

Of course! :icon_thumright:

Cheers Rich I got my lance today so I'll be trying it out tomorrow morning.

Can anyone give me some instructions on how to use it? I notice I can twist the nozzel to open or close it and adjust the tap on the top.

Am I supposed to fill up the bottle full with my Meguires Hyper wash or part meguires part water? Help :friends:

Cheers Rich I got my lance today so I'll be trying it out tomorrow morning.

Can anyone give me some instructions on how to use it? I notice I can twist the nozzel to open or close it and adjust the tap on the top.

Am I supposed to fill up the bottle full with my Meguires Hyper wash or part meguires part water? Help :friends:

I put about an inch of solution in the bottom of the bottle and then top it up with hot water from the tap.

If find its not making enough foam then either add more solution or look at getting some proper snowfoam. I use PH neutral stuff off cleanyourcar.co.uk and its very good.

The nozzle adjustment will adjust the 'fan' of the foam when it comes out. I tend to set it so it sprays about a 12" wide fan which works quite well. The knob on the top adjusts the mixture, if you turn it towards the '+' it makes a more solution heavy foam, turn it to '-' and it makes it thinner.

Foam the car and give it 5 minutes to dwell before washing off. chuck the left over solultion into your bucket when you wash the car after. I normally have a couple of inches left in the bottom of the bottle on the lance after I've given the car a good foaming.

Just give it a go.....quality fun!.

T

How did you get on with it then?, manage to cover the whole street in foam like I did the first time I used mine? :)

haha. Firstly I didn't realise how much of a pain it would be to put the foam lance attachment onto the karcher! I thought it would all be click off and click on attachments but I had to unscrew the karcher to remove the standard bayonet. This is a slight pain as its my dads Karcher so I have to put the standard bayonet back on after i've finished!

Secondly I did have a slight water leak out of the foam lance where the plastic screw is befor the tap and bottle section. It was only a small jet of water leaking out so I can live with it.

Thirdly it was great! It was almost like a fire extinguisher, I covered the whole drive and accidently my mums car which was in the garage! I think i'll close the garage door next time.

cheers for your help again Tom.

They do produce a lot of foam!.

How did you think it did with shifting the crap before a wash?

I find that if my cars got a decent coat of wax on it I can almost get away with just foaming it and not doing anything else apart from rinsing it off.

Generally give it a good foam, leave it for 5 to 10 minutes and then 2 bucket wash though.

Yeah it shifted the lot. Mine hadn't been washed for 2 weeks and it had spent a week in the bodyshop getting the bonnet and bumper done so there were patches of un polished polish on the paint too. I'm very impressed, it made washing a lot easier, and I feel safe that I wont strip the laquer off again with the jetwash!

All good news, nice one. To fix the small leak, undo the connection, wrap around a couple of winds of PTFE tape, then do up again - this will seal it. With regard to the tight fit, was it the foam lance that was difficult to fit, or was it the standard lance that was difficult to remove/refit?

All good news, nice one. To fix the small leak, undo the connection, wrap around a couple of winds of PTFE tape, then do up again - this will seal it. With regard to the tight fit, was it the foam lance that was difficult to fit, or was it the standard lance that was difficult to remove/refit?

Rich

it appears that I was being a numpty and didn't realise how to remove/replace karcher attachments! Instead of pushing the bayonet down and twisting it to release it I unscrewed the whole bloddy thing! :jester:

I did think a little touch of tape would stop that leak, I'll sort it this weekend.

many thanks again.