FMIC

emery1990

Reaction score
Just looked at that turbo revs fmic as stated by a member, it says some mods may be needed for the fmic to fit an a3, what mods are these, could a fmic be done as a first mod or is there better things to get before it, so far im doing it likes this.

firstly a forge 007 dv, green panel filter, forge intake hose.

No fitting a Fmic as afirst mod would be fine if not the best one todo.

no, it meant there are some modifications to make it fit properly

you will have to do it before you get a proper map done. So if you want, you can start getting your bits (mods) together, put them on and get your map. ;)

OK thanks, yer thats what im planning to do anyway, get the mods up , waste of money getting them done afterwards needing a new map and that, would people recommened that turbo revs one, what ones have you got ? If you have one that is

i have the phase one mapp and have since fitted a fmic and n75j valve so really could do with getting phase two, but im now contemplating a larger turbo of some sort so will need phase two atleast anyway, so basically if your sure you only want the mods your planning then doing mods before mapping is definantly worth it but tning is a bug and you will probably always want more

well im hoping just to upgrade to a k03s turbo, will the fmic increases performance by around 10bhp, it stats 10-17bhp on turbo revs. but that turbo will be ages away anyway, p[robally when im like in my 20's and might even get an s3 instead. im `8 atm so bit hard to get insured for the turbo conversion.

FMIC doesn't increase performance,it sustains what you have against heatsoak

ohright, what so keeps the temperature down a at high revs ?

when im like in my 20's and might even get an s3 instead. im `8 atm so bit hard to get insured for the turbo conversion.
blimey your 8 and have a car already wicked but im really not surprised your finding it hard to get insured ;)

ohright, what so keeps the temperature down a at high revs ?

Turbos get very hot during use and they like cool air. The standard side mount intercooler can suffer with 'heat soak' which means its not cooling air as well as it should because the heat from the engine is 'soaking' into it and warming it up.

Cold air is more dense so a front mount intercooler means its getting cooled by nice cool air coming in from the front of the car. It means during a drive you wont have a drop in power caused by a hot sidemount intercooler.

T

yer i pulled some strings :p

ahh i see, would the other intercooler go then, as i presume it isnt at the front, or does that just stay? whats a decent fmic, this is going to be my first mod i think :) then dv

It replaces the old side mount, if you use the search funtion on the forum there's loads of threads about it, one recent one with loads of usefull pics to show you what it involves etc.