fmic

ajridermk

Reaction score
i have searched a fair amount, and seen a fair amount of different things about a fmic on a a3 aum, i have only been able to find the custom intercoolers and the ebay intercooler mainly. i wondered if anyone has fitted a ths mk4 golf cooler to a a3? is it possible, i think i read it cant be done? i couldn't find a forge one, ths or pro alloy, etc for a a3 just a s3

probably is a million posts talking about fmic on a3's but iv mainly found ebay fmic topics and build threads, what i'm not a huge fan off, just wondered what others have done that have not gone down this route? and if anyone has gone for a branded version?

yer i have seen them, 110 delivered, only concern was the positioning of them and the restricted air flow, i think the front mount is the route i'm looking for

no reason the golf kit won't fit the a3

aw really, i read the ths one wont because they run twin pass cores, with the top pipe running inside the crash bar on the golf.
Unlike the A3, the golf has a C section steel crash bar, which allows you to run the pipe inside it using a twin pass core. you can't do this on the A3.

just wondered how true this is?

i also think i read somewhere people have done the toyosport fmic install and made it sit behind the bumper and not have to take out any of the grill? so its not as visible
i have been searching for a build thread thread for ages, i read somewhere i think kingfisher and 1animal1 have done this? if possible can someone post a link?

found the kingfisher one, but its for a s3, anyone got a2 photo's or build threads of a a3 with ebay fmic?