fmic

sweeney23

s23 swe
Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
can you paint them so a different colour if so what kinda paint would you use for want it to be black and what would you use to clean them before paintin

You can paint them but they will chip, and have gravel rash very quickly, just wash down with a solvent before painting, any paint will do, ive even lacquered one after painting before and it still chipped , i dont think paint likes aluminium

last 1 i had painted i used hi temp
it got very few chips lasted well

I painted mine using a light coat of matt black Rustoleum Hard Hat top coat... I only sprayed the front face and the paint hasn't gone right in to the core...

<tuffty/>

how did you do that dude if you dont mind me askin

Wiped the FMIC over with brake cleaner to degrease then sprayed it with a can of paint basically... nothing more than that...
20100913_IMAG0259.jpg

<tuffty/>

The marginal effect a colour change would have will depend on the colour. Black is less reflective than white / silver, so it would probably hold the cold marginally better once cooled. If it gets hot though, it will hold the heat better also.

Probably best to leave silver (=reflective) at the back, towards the engine bay, and black at the front towards the fresh air.

But as said, the effect of a different colour would likely be marginal.