FMIC Intercoolers from TT225

Saedster

Reaction score
Hey there!

So I own a Quattro A3 1.8t and I have a donor car audi TT225 and I'm hoping to start installing parts from the TT into my A3. I was wondering if it is possible to fit the twin intercoolers from the TT into my a3? will i have to take both intercoolers, replace my one and install the other one or can i just take one of them and run it with my existing one?

In some time in the near future I'm hoping to also install the K04 off the TT, but until then, what other mods can i make to my car with parts from the TT that will boost performance and prepare for the turbo upgrade?

any links to previous threads that are relevant would be appreciated aswell!

Thanks for the help!

Twintercoolers aren't much of an upgrade, better to fit a big FMIC (wellycooler or similar), especially if you'll be fitting that K04...

Reactions: Tj 0785
im sure a front mount is much better but the thing is im trying not to spend too much money on parts and when i do go k04 im not aiming for more than 250hp. I'd like to source as much from the TT as possible

Not sure what the suspension is like on an A3Q, but the TT front suspension is a big upgrade on the FWD A3.

For fitting the twintercoolers, have a look at the intake manifold. Your throttle body might be on the other side, which will mean the piping won't be a direct fit for you, unless you fit the turbo at the same time.

also switch over inlet manifold and i think you should be fine

like @Erikn89nl said - you will see they are opposite from your A3 quattro/TT quattro

also switch over inlet manifold and i think you should be fine
Does the boost pipe from turbo connect to the same spot? K03 and K04 boost pipes are routed very differently...
Also, are the injectors the same size? I know AGU engines use different sized ones from K04 engine, but not sure about A3Q.

well if he's got a donor he should just swap everything really

turbo, manifold, exhaust, SMIC's, inlet manifold, injectors and fuel rail

you know what. might as well go the whole hog and change in the ECU as well to make use of it all and since it's wideband you'll be able to tune it better lol

it'll take a little bit more time but you have everything there good go to at no extra cost but your own time and maybe some bolts/gaskets that you'll have to get new

but i guess if time is short and you wanted SMIC's then you will have to get custom piping made to hook the k03 up to the side mounts/inlet manifold

well if he's got a donor he should just swap everything really

turbo, manifold, exhaust, SMIC's, inlet manifold, injectors and fuel rail

you know what. might as well go the whole hog and change in the ECU as well to make use of it all and since it's wideband you'll be able to tune it better lol

it'll take a little bit more time but you have everything there good go to at no extra cost but your own time and maybe some bolts/gaskets that you'll have to get new

but i guess if time is short and you wanted SMIC's then you will have to get custom piping made to hook the k03 up to the side mounts/inlet manifold

Just to add - You can't just swap injectors without mapping. . . The injector should fit fine though, as far as I'm aware it was only the AGU that used different size injectors

Reactions: IPG