fmic front mount intercooler kit help

Alot of the products on that site look "dodgy" as in way too cheap to be any good,
That said... i havent seen any of those kits in the flesh and its cheap enough to buy and end up having to tweak slightly to fit how you want. ( normaly cheap kits have poor fitting hard boost pipes. )

FMIC AUDI A3 1.8T INTERCOOLER KIT 96-03 on eBay (end time 04-Nov-10 19:38:14 GMT)

thats the kit i got, he lists some with the option to make an offer, i offered him a pretty cheeky £150 and he accepted! :D fit on with no probs at all (you have to tap and screw a take off for the n75 on some of the cheaper kits) and this kit comes with a second map sensor port so you dont have to buy one from forge! had it fitted within a hour or so and absolutely love it

ive had mine fitted a few months now and not had a single problem, its a AJQ engine with a k03s :w00t:

hey just red this, only problem is every link build has been for an s3, an s3's set ups completely different to an a3 as the inlet pipe runs the other way

so has anyone got a link to a build thread for a A3 1.8t 150 kit?

thanks

for ***** sake man. there are two links in this thread that are specifically about an A3. just read them!

Tim has already posted the ONLY two links you need:

that will work...heres a link to the fitting guide
Ebay FMIC kit onto an AUM 1.8T

and heres my build thread fitting a custom one for roughly the same cost....stealth fitment
The Kingfisher A3 build thread (image heavy)

My thread is 100% A3 specific, and shows exactly what's required to fit a turbo revs kit to an A3.

Tim's thread is also A3 specific, and shows what's needed to fit a hidden FMIC to an A3.

sorry like

but both links i followed led to an s3 engine, with the inlet going towards the right , not the left

i can only find fmic instalations for a golf mk4, as their inlets goes the same way

the links above both have A3 engines not S3...... exactly the same as any VAG 2wd 1.8T engine

S'ok dude, having looked at Tim's link, the mods (jason) have rather annoyingly joined our A3 specific FMIC threads into a large thread that's more geared towards S3 installation.

I made a thread specifically for the A3 installation because this forum is So S3 biased. finding S3 info on here is easy, there is very little info relating directly to the A3's sadly, so I personally think it's a bad move to merge the threads.

I know mate, Tim asked you to merge them.

personally, i think it's a bad idea though. the forum is full of S3 specific threads, and S3 info is VERY easy to find. Finding A3 specific threads and info is much harder, hence why I felt the need to write a little guide, as with prices comming down we are going to get more and more of these ''how do I fit a front mount to my A3?'' type thread. there seems to be almost 1 a week now! All of which can be answered in full with two links. one to my thread for cheap and easy but obvious, and one to tim's thread for cheap, more effort, and hidden.

i got the Toyosports intercooler kit (got it for £100 brand new on ebay, bargain)

can be bought from them direct for £250.

fits well, easy to fit, only down side it needs a fair bit of bumper modding to get the pipes to fit

I know mate, Tim asked you to merge them.

personally, i think it's a bad idea though. the forum is full of S3 specific threads, and S3 info is VERY easy to find. Finding A3 specific threads and info is much harder, hence why I felt the need to write a little guide, as with prices comming down we are going to get more and more of these ''how do I fit a front mount to my A3?'' type thread. there seems to be almost 1 a week now! All of which can be answered in full with two links. one to my thread for cheap and easy but obvious, and one to tim's thread for cheap, more effort, and hidden.

oh yeah blame me :)

na i thought you were just going to chuck the links on the A3 sticky Jase, my thread is a full build which just so happens to have an FMIC in it.....so making both relevant to the cause ;)

might be an idea to tell what page the A3 guide starts on instead of everyone going through the pages looking for it.