FM reception poor

jiffi77

Reaction score
Hi, the FM radio reception in my systers 2002 A4 1.8T has suddenly deteriated, does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem might be ? Do they have an FM amplifier, if so is there any way of testing to see if this has failed ?

The antenna amp is in an encapsulated block above the rear window on the saloon, and behind the trim in the luggage compartment in the Avant.

Especially on the saloon they often crack and fail.

The headunit provides a power feed to the antenna amp via the antenna cables (most A4's have a diverstity antenna system to improve FM reception).

The part listed in that link is just a SIGNAL SEPARATION FILTER to supply 12 volts down the aerial cable to your aerial amplifier and not actually an amp.

This would only be of help if your Concert II is not supplying 12 volts to the aerial amp so I would check this first as most problems as PetrolDave says are linked to broken amps & not usually the power supply .

But to wire it up the white wire goes to a switched live (you can use the amp remote) which is the top plug on the concert II marked

-o/o- next to the one marked (com) (label on top of radio shows position)
+

The long silver end plugs into your aerial lead and your short black one plugs into your head unit.

so where can i purchase an antenna amp (booster), preferably not a dealer since i think they may cost $250 to $300.