Flywheel & clutch A3

Sve

Reaction score
Well, this year obviously will be shittier till the very end, as I will have to put my planned retrofittings for better days, since I have to change my flywheel and clutch firsthand.

Please advise which ones to choose guys. Have the PFL 2013 A3 TDI 2.0 150bhp, after changing the flywheel and the clutch, I am planning a remap. So please take into consideration this when suggesting.
Local Audi dealer gave me hella of a price for the exchange, so I am not going with them. Their offer is for LUK flywheel and clutch. However, given the fact that I will be remapping the whip, should I go for some other performance kit or the stock would be fine? Or should I go for with the S3 kit? Saw some videos on YouTube with S3 owners, who remapped their cars and they went with Sachs, but which one exactly don't know ? And also, do I need such a performance kit as I will be going 193 bhp tops with the remap and the S3s are 300+ ???

Is there issues with your current set up?
There are some that are using the OEM clutch on a stage 1
I know I have only just mapped mine, but I have not had any slippage or any issues at all. 119K miles

I have been recommended the Sachs Organic, but have also been told its not great for city driving,

Yep, I went to diagnostics in local Audi center and since I am at 197 000km they suggested change the water pump and some other stuff. The reason to go was basically that when I depress the clutch pedal (got the 6speed manual), some strange noise appears and the vibrations in the gear shifter are present as well. Didn't have those before. Also the clutch slips badly, and the car doesn't go like before quite noticeably.

Every time before posting, I've done a research, but frankly, I got quite confused and decided to ask for advice now. This time is no excuse, I've read Saschs Performance clutches are quite good and watched couple of reviews on Golfs, but not that good for city driving, thus I wanted to have some other experienced opinions.

I have the standard clutch and flywheel on my tdi 150 (now 190) and no issues so far (46500 miles).

When we got the clutch and flywheel done after the remap on the VRS, it was just the standard setup. Think it was LUK / Sachs if I remember correctly. The standard clutches and flywheels tend to be OK with a stage one remap as far as I understand.

At your mileage the clutch and flywheel have had quite a bit of use so will need replaced.

Yep, basically what Audi told me. They recommend water pump, belts, etc. change at around 200-210 000km. For the clutch, they said it depends on how used it is. I decided to change the water pump kit first, as it might have got me in a huge trouble. However, I drove the car today again and those vibrations and the sound when I depress the clutch pedal are quite frustrating so I want to have it done as well. According to the offer and the part number codes Audi gave me - the flywheel and clutch kit are LUK indeed.

Also consider a turbo refurb or replacement. We had to get ours refurbished, the DPF cleaned out and the EGR cleaned out when we got the VRS done with a Revo map. Its be fine since. Just be aware of other things that may be required.

Reactions: Sve
Also consider a turbo refurb or replacement. We had to get ours refurbished, the DPF cleaned out and the EGR cleaned out when we got the VRS done with a Revo map. Its be fine since. Just be aware of other things that may be required.
For sure, that's why I said in my first post that retrofittings would be put aside as more important stuff has to be done...
Do you have a link or video of your car and the mods you did ?

No link or video I'm afraid.

Story so far on the A3.........
Window tints
Debadged except for small Quattro badges
Front and rear Audi rings changed to gloss black
K & N air filter
Remapped
Removeable towbar fitted

Still to do......
Front grille and window surrounds to be wrapped black
Bilstein B12 Sportline kit to be fitted
Eibach front and rear anti roll bars to be fitted
Front brake disks to be upgraded from 288mm to 312mm
Rear disks to be replaced
New brake pads to be fitted
Cover for towbar area to be made and fitted
Calipers and carriers to be cleaned up and painted (not sure whether black or red yet)

Reactions: Sve