1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Florett silver detail

Griffin1989 Dec 27, 2016

1. Griffin1989

Griffin1989 Registered User

hi

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience detailing this paint and which products they have used?

It looks like it's a perl paint however unlike Daytona grey it doesn't look like it has much flake so is it best to go down the sealant pop route or wax gloss? I cant seem to find many guides online for this paint.

Thanks for your help.

Chris

Scottyg likes this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Pinky1959

Pinky1959 Registered User

4. scotty76

scotty76 Registered User

@Scottyg what colour is your car? Can you help at all?

Scottyg likes this.
  5. Scottyg

Scottyg Registered User

I sure can.

The Floret does pop but not as much as the darker colours.
    I've not had to do much to mine over it's time with me.
    When I first got it I put on 3 coats over 3 days of Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax. Since then it's had a full correction using a DA with a Hexalogic Purple Pad using Megs Ultimate Compound. I clayed in with a G3 Mitt before this. After this it's been topped up regularly with CarPro Reload. If you can, I'd get the paintwork defect free and buy some CarPro Cquartz uk. It's very inexpensive and works well. The Reload tops this up and IMHO works really well with the Floret Silver.
    IMG_0271.JPG
    IMG_0272.JPG
    IMG_0911.JPG
    IMG_1228.PNG
    IMG_1229.PNG
    IMG_1230.PNG

IMG_1231.PNG
    IMG_1232.PNG

Floret looks different from different angles and in different lights. I love it. Very easy to keep looking good especially with Reload on it. Ask me anything else you want to know @Griffin1989

6. Griffin1989

Griffin1989 Registered User

Thank you for your help there are some minor marks which I should be able to get out with the da. Will post some picks after I do it when the weather warms up

Scottyg likes this.