Flickering Interior Lights

Sam Axon

Reaction score
So I picked up my S3 tonight and over the moon with it. First time I've seen it in the dark and I turn the light switch the headlights come on fine no issues but all the red interior lights for the window switches, multimedia panel and steering wheel all flicker when on.
Also the a /c does the same and occasionally display disappears all together. Not sure whats causing this, can anyone help? Can always upload a video to YouTube if it helps? Cheers

Vagcom has been on and all door switches are fine.
dimmer switch has no effect and running fine.

Only thing to note on vagcom terminal 58 is fluctuating all over the place and is in time to the flicker of the lights.
Any ideas?

Hi
Has anyone on the site been able to find out what the issue could be?

I have just started having this issue today and also my headlight switch doesnt seem to be doing anything constantly staying on when I turn the car on.

Could be related to the notorious door wiring loom, possible early signs of wiring failure.
As far as headlights go, do you have auto headlights?

Hi
Has anyone on the site been able to find out what the issue could be?

I have just started having this issue today and also my headlight switch doesnt seem to be doing anything constantly staying on when I turn the car on.
1. If you have done LED's in interior - remove and see if helps.
2. If your other button lights are not working (cig lightning, ceiling button lightning) I suggest to change comfort module as it's connected to light switch and etc.
Good luck