1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. mattyboyc

mattyboyc B6 Veteran TDi Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

Hi all,
    Looking for ideas here, I seem to have developed a bit of a flat spot. When the car is warm ( not half as noticeable when cold),it seems to happen on initial pull away or say on the approach to a roundabout you slow down, change down then hit the throttle and there is an initial flat spot then it picks up and goes fine. I am not noticing any particular loss of power when it does pick up or pulling up through the gears. I have NOT had the car remapped as when I looked into this all I got was negative reactions from the people I spoke to because of the mileage on the car.
    Any suggestions welcome.

Matt

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. mattyboyc

Little development on this, I’ve just used the car to go to work, a 25 mile combination of A roads, stop start and motorway, now after a bit of playing I have found that rather than it being a flat spot it is more of you hit the throttle and it doesn’t do much until about 2-3,000 rpm and the picks up, could this be turbo failing as I guess it’s the weakest point now and what all the remappers were concerned about.

4. Gazwould

Gazwould Well-Known Member

Engine code , mileage ?

RS4B5 likes this.
  5. mattyboyc

AWX, 198k barley run in now