Flat spot low RPM

Greig300

Reaction score
Recently my S3 has been hesitating for split second around 1800RPM - 2000RPM while driving i can feel it and its starting to annoy me. On the journey to work today i noticed the engine while sitting still at traffic lights sometimes vibrates the car like a V8. Again for a second on idle. The needle does not sit still either on idle not weavering fast just very slight movement up and down. Car pulls fine above 2500RPM but seems a little reluctant lower down.... Any suggestions? MAF?

Had Audi do the recall few days back two were replaced and other two were fine.... :S

Is that simple to do? How can i do that i'm no mechanic :p

Ok I'll try and describe it the best I can without a photo.

I'm assuming you Know what and where the airbox is on the right of the engine bay? Well the hose that comes directly out of the air box will have a connector plugged into the top of it. Just unplug this and the car will run off of default data on the ECU instead of using the MAF reading.

This won't do any harm at all to the car. If your car feels a lot smoother with the MAF unplugged then it's probably had it.

Ok i know where the air box is yeah... will give it a try :)

Took out the MAF sensor... pulls like a train at low RPM now :p Think cleaner will sort it or just a replacement? How longs a piece of string? :p

Last edited: