Flaky Bumper Paint

BuzzW4

Reaction score
So I was washing my 2 year old S4 at the weekend and noticed something stuck on the bumper, quick blast with the hose pipe.... oops, the ****** paint started coming off! Right in the join between the bumper and the front wing. :wtf:

Attachments

• bumper.jpg
    bumper.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 207
Snap - I’ve had it front and rear ! At the join between panels and on the rear where the parking sensors come through - I was jet washing and it lifted off sections- Just took mine to a good body shop and gave them a few quid to fix it - no problems since thankfully!
Annoying tho eh !

Had this on mine and it was covered by warranty, even had lacquer peeling off the wings

Reactions: WesT-gefül
No warranty apparently for me ! Audi Cardiff wouldn’t entertain the idea - wouldn’t do the flaking lacquer or the hazed aluminium bright work around the rear window ( avant )

They do look very much like a poor repair job to me unfortunately...

Think cuke2u is right ? Own car from new ? Know if it’s been repaired? I’m
Sure that bumper has been repainted previously or there is something seriously suspect going on with the bumper wing contact there - maybe the wing has had work previously???
Obviously if the car was new new to you you know the history- if not I suspect some kind of previous repair

Had something similar on 2 year old TTS dealer sorted in no problem under warranty

Think cuke2u is right ? Own car from new ? Know if it’s been repaired? I’m
Sure that bumper has been repainted previously or there is something seriously suspect going on with the bumper wing contact there - maybe the wing has had work previously???
Obviously if the car was new new to you you know the history- if not I suspect some kind of previous repair
Even new cars can come from the factory repaired. There was once thousands of Mondeo's and galaxy's damaged by a hailstorm. I bet they just repaired the damaged bodywork, resprayed them and send the vehicles on their way..

spoke to the dealer - got to show them so they can see its not a stone chip, then they will replace under warranty.
yeah car was new, so no damage/repair that I'm aware of.
actually i also notice its peeling inside the wheel arch part of the bumper. hmmm.

Reactions: WesT-gefül