Flac to play & upgrade dashboard

HanzoB

Reaction score
p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica} p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 12.0px Helvetica; min-height: 14.0px}

Hello Audi peers,

My 2.0 TDI A4 S-line was bought December 2015 with additional options : Sunroof, Bi-Xenon,& B&O. Had to pay extra for the options but they are all very much worth it.

Question to you dear friends,

Having the booming Bang & Olufsen, the music I play from the Mini SD is 320kb. However, the FLAC format that my friend plays in his VW Passat with basic stereo sounds ultra clear, making me jealous of not being able to play them in my A4 Symphony stereo.

Any suggestions on how to play FLAC on them?

Second question:

How to upgrade the On Board computer version?

Attached is the version I currently have, and would like to upgrade it to the latest version.

My Audi dealership are so grimy that they constantly find excuses on why or how they can’t insert a CD to install a more up to date version.

My Audi dealership is forcing me to thinking of just bootlegging an updated version online and burning it on a CD DRIVE, & doing it myself. Any suggestions on how or where to do so?

Thank you for taking time in responding to my inquires.

Cheers to y’all!

-Hanzo B

Attachments

• IMG_0542.jpg
    IMG_0542.jpg
    971.4 KB · Views: 200
For the MMI software upgrade, you have a few options.

1. Use Audi (although appears they do not want to help plus they charge an arm and a leg as it takes a few hours for the upgrade process)
2. There was a company on ebay I used a few years ago who sells all the upgrades for all MMI systems. Send them all the details of your current software version and type of MMI you have and they will advise which one tyou need. Cost is around £70 - £100 depending what version you need and what MMI you have. Can't seem to find his adverts on eBay for some reason.
3. There is a forum discussion on here about upgrading your MMI with downloads from the web and doing it yourself and at your own risk, see here: http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...nav-without-going-to-the-audi-dealers.313332/

I have heard the upgrade takes a couple of hours, so advise you place your battery on charge while doing the upgrade. If doing yourself, just make sure you are 100% confident and know what you are doing, can be a little confusing which files you need, etc but just ask if you get stuck or are unsure. VERY helpful people on the forum :)

Thank you for your reply JRock!!
The ebay company would have been a great option for a start, knowing what to update or not. Trying to keep the MMI safe from brick!
But the discussion you posted in the forum about MMI updates seems reasonable, and many people have done it without much hassle.
I'll definitely look it through and hype myself to do a great job at updating it!
Thank again!

Reactions: JRock247
Thank you for your reply JRock!!
The ebay company would have been a great option for a start, knowing what to update or not. Trying to keep the MMI safe from brick!
But the discussion you posted in the forum about MMI updates seems reasonable, and many people have done it without much hassle.
I'll definitely look it through and hype myself to do a great job at updating it!
Thank again!

I posted a new thread with the pictures which may hopefully help in identifying which type of MMI I have.
Here is the link :

http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/which-mmi-does-my-a4-have.352059/

Thank you JRock

Hey @HanzoB

Looking at your images in your thread, you have a Concert System and not MMI.

Not sure if the link I sent you will be applicable for your concert system??