Fl vs prefl vs TTRS...

• Thread starter Deleted member 117185
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 117185

Trying to decide between an Audi ttrs or an rs3....

1) 2016 Audi rs3 - 35k. Would APR stage 2 the car

2) 2017 Audi rs3 facelift - 40-45k depending on spec

3) 2017 Audi ttrs - 45-50k depending on spec.

What are the stock, stage 1 and stage 2 times for these cars? Cheers. 0-60, 0-100, quarter mile

Also on the cards in a Jaguar f type R AWD 5.0 v8, but I dno how reliable they are and it’d be a 2014/15, and they’re around 50-55k so just climbing in price. Unsure on the interior compared to the Audi’s above! Also, that 5 pot sounds amazing, not quite the v8 of the jag but still amazingly good.

If seating no big deal go ttrs @D0C

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan and FBF01
I had a PFL RS3 prior to owning my TTRS. Here is a post I made a while back with some numbers that might be of interest:

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/pfl-vs-fl-vs-ttrs.362651/

Personally I would go for the PFL RS3 as it just sounds so good (especially with secondary decat) and is seriously rapid with a remap.

TTRS is an awesome piece of kit. It looks and goes like a mini R8 and gets a lot of attention. Mine is stage 1 and is great fun and the handling is a real step on. That said, I still miss the noise and drama of my PFL and so if I were you I would save the £15k and go for that.

Stage 2 PFLs are low 3's to 60mph and 11.7s or so to the 1/4 mile. FL are marginally quicker but again I would say the noise of the PFL more than compensates.

Is the handling improvement worth it for 15k?

I’d like to know what stage 2 ttrs/fl rs3 and prefl all do it in!

Is the handling improvement worth it for 15k?

I’d like to know what stage 2 ttrs/fl rs3 and prefl all do it in!
The man who will eventually be able to tell us is @Leo-RS who is waiting for APR to finish their stage 2 file. He has already been getting very impressive times and has tried it on E85.

Is the handling improvement worth £15k? On its own, probably not. But then add in the stunning interior and looks and possibly so. Here's a pic of mine...

Attachments

• IMG_5735.JPG
    IMG_5735.JPG
    179.5 KB · Views: 216
My Stage 2 FL RS3 on normal pump fuel
0-60 3.09 seconds
1/4 (crail raceway) 11.1
1/4 (draggy) 10.89

The reason I choose FL over PFL was the technology difference. Virtual cockpit was a no brainer for me.

Reactions: Rayner_1704
if you want to tune the car the FL is much better, with a stage 1 it gets close to 480 hp, PFL with stage 2 only gets about 440 hp. Stock vs stock the acceleration is very very similar though. MRC told me that the PFL turbo is made for torque, and FL turbo is made for power.

If you value the sound more than anything else get the PFL, if not, and the price difference is not an issue, go for the FL.

Sound is not a issue either on FL. yes as standard. But he is talking about tunning. My car sounds exactly like a PFL and that’s without a pops and bang map. You could get that added in too and your laughing.

Reactions: NevMan
I was talking as stock vs stock, this weekend a friend of mine put his stock FL next to my stock PFL and we both agree (and couple other friends who were there) that there is a huge difference in sound between the two, volume and tone.

No doubt that stock vs stock the PFL is much better sounding (the FL still sounds very good!).

I'd have to go out in a FL car with modded exhaust/downpipe to hear if it sounds as good. Always hard to tell on videos.

Reactions: billymc92 and mz21
No doubt that stock vs stock the PFL is much better sounding (the FL still sounds very good!).

I'd have to go out in a FL car with modded exhaust/downpipe to hear if it sounds as good. Always hard to tell on videos.

FL sound is still amazing, but sound much more civilized. Only when you hear them in the same garage at the same time, you see how big the difference is, and the bangs on the PFL are just insane for a stock car.

You obviously know it because you owned both :)

Reactions: Terminator x and D0C
How does a TTRS vs RS3 (FL) compare in the handling stakes? Is the steering any sharper/more direct in the TT? I drove an R8 last week and was amazed at how sharp the steering was, so just hoping the TTRS might be similar?

How does a TTRS vs RS3 (FL) compare in the handling stakes? Is the steering any sharper/more direct in the TT? I drove an R8 last week and was amazed at how sharp the steering was, so just hoping the TTRS might be similar?
I personally think the handling on the TTRS is a big step up. The front end is much better and it's just more agile.

Reactions: NevMan
I personally think the handling on the TTRS is a big step up. The front end is much better and it's just more agile.

I can only imagine, I had the 3rd gen TT with an oil burner and it handled much better than my S3. I know the S3 is a lot heavier etc but was very impressed with the TT, TTRS must be immense.

Reactions: NevMan and D0C
My Stage 2 FL RS3 on normal pump fuel
0-60 3.09 seconds
1/4 (crail raceway) 11.1
1/4 (draggy) 10.89

The reason I choose FL over PFL was the technology difference. Virtual cockpit was a no brainer for me.
Interior touches are head and shoulders above the pfl

I’m sure the VC is a great addition but I’d chose the noise of the pfl. I do like the ttrs mind

Reactions: mz21 and D0C