FL steering wheel to FPL car

gsrsilver

Reaction score
Hello , i have first pic steering wheel from pfl audi a3 . Is the second pic steering wheel from FL plug and play to my car ?
Has anyone done this?

Attachments

• IMG_20181231_140446.jpg
    IMG_20181231_140446.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_20181231_140502.jpg
    IMG_20181231_140502.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 202
I’m not sure what’s required but I’m interested in your PFL wheel when you make the swap.

Interested to know this too just for reference, happy with the current wheel but incase we want to make a swap it would be good to know

Hello , i have first pic steering wheel from pfl audi a3 . Is the second pic steering wheel from FL plug and play to my car ?
Has anyone done this?
No experience but I'd doubt it'd be plug and play, with the FL wheel having extra controls so must be some extra wires/coding for these to work.

I can confirm this is plug and play with the steering wheel you have in the picture above. I assisted in the testing for this in the States with europrice.us.
All buttons work except the phone button & the return button (left side under menu button). The benefit of this install is the track forward and back buttons for music also work whereas on the PFL there were no buttons for these commands, but you could set up the option button to track back in the MMI settings. One thing to note is if you use a 2017 steering wheel with the VC controls the view button and return button DONT work and you won't be able to access your menu in the tach. So only use the steering wheel with the non-VC controls as pictured above.

I can confirm this is plug and play with the steering wheel you have in the picture above. I assisted in the testing for this in the States with europrice.us.
All buttons work except the phone button & the return button (left side under menu button). The benefit of this install is the track forward and back buttons for music also work whereas on the PFL there were no buttons for these commands, but you could set up the option button to track back in the MMI settings. One thing to note is if you use a 2017 steering wheel with the VC controls the view button and return button DONT work and you won't be able to access your menu in the tach. So only use the steering wheel with the non-VC controls as pictured above.
Thank you Andre for information.
I am thinking the FL steering wheel for station search buttons ( forward- backward)
This is very important for me
Thanks again

Hi

I did the change over FL steering to my PFL the lights work but non of the buttons are functioning with the care. Does it need coding any help will do please thanks.(DJAlix i need you)