Facelift FL S3 s-tronic turbo lag?

Masslob

Reaction score
So I saw a youtube video review of the s3 facelift

The guy had an auto and had it in dynamic mode and there was this 1 second lag with the gear shift. It was totally intentional as the audi engineers confirmed it. The reviewer found that if you left it in comfort mode this lag isn't present. If this is the case them I plan to leave my one in comfort all the time.

To anyone who has auto facelift s3. Do you find this is the case?

Reactions: y3sjy
In S mode, I have no perceivable turbo lag, but I do have a lot of fun ;-)

Reactions: keenu
What is the policy on posting external links? I can post the video. Maybe it's cos he was driving a German spec s3?

What is the policy on posting external links? I can post the video. Maybe it's cos he was driving a German spec s3?

If it's on youtube just post it with the "Media" button above where you type your reply

Look from 33:00 onwards

When the reviewer asked audi the explanation they gave he describes here

Yeah that's not turbo lag, it was downshifting as he was effectively cruising before putting the foot down. It's part of the S-Tronic box. If you drive it in manual you don't get this but also you can change your driving style to get around this if you keep it in full dynamic. It took me a while but there is a certain way to drive to get the most out of the S-Tronic box

Reactions: Audi Bairn
So it won't accelerate from the current gear if you put your foot down

It will down shift then up shift?

So it won't accelerate from the current gear if you put your foot down

It will down shift then up shift?

Yes that's correct, unless you dont put the foot flat to the floor in which case it might remain in the current gear

I wonder why it doesn't do this when you are in comfort mode?

Actually it says in the manual

When the accelerator pedal is pressed right down past the point of resistance at full throttle (kick-down feature) the gearbox will shift down to a lower gear depending on road speed and engine speed. The upshifting to the next higher gear is delayed until the engine reaches maximum rpm

Reactions: allanmb