Fl s3 8v gearbox/engine bang

S3 syc

Reaction score
I have recently bought a s3 2018 fl model after having the 2015 8v previously, Does anyone else find the 7speed box sluggish gear change wise or not as responsive as the 6speed? Also although very intermitent i get almighty bang sometimes when setting off mainly in first gear kind of like a engine mount has gone or something its a large bang and can feel it throughout the whole car. Not sure if its ciming from the box or engine but is really bad. I have booked in at the dealers but i know with it not happening all the time they are going to struggle. Just wondering if anyone else had any of these issues?

big bang!!?? what the f.... engine mounting or maybe brakes could create a similar effect

I have recently bought a s3 2018 fl model after having the 2015 8v previously, Does anyone else find the 7speed box sluggish gear change wise or not as responsive as the 6speed? Also although very intermitent i get almighty bang sometimes when setting off mainly in first gear kind of like a engine mount has gone or something its a large bang and can feel it throughout the whole car. Not sure if its ciming from the box or engine but is really bad. I have booked in at the dealers but i know with it not happening all the time they are going to struggle. Just wondering if anyone else had any of these issues?

Nope, the only bang i hear is from the exhaust when changing gear!!!

My gearbox is silky smooth, don't even feel or notice the gear change. Only bangs I get are on overrun and downshifts thanks to the Res delete!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Check this thread https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/gear-box-issue.379555/